Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

I think I had a panic attack last night and I dont know what to do Watch

please help.

ive been quite depressed for the last two days, and yesterday i was completely depressed. Ive also been having suicidal fantasies for like the last month. Im a guy, i have a long list of problems in life though i guess not major ones. after an argument with my girlfriend yesterday via text message i lost it and started punching everything, ive always had an issue with temper. It wasnt because of the argument though, i dont know why i did that.

last night in bed i felt very terrible and disgusting and depressed and anxious. i called my gf, she was arguing at first until i said i just want some sympathy for now which made her stop. after a long pause I had an emotional breakdown of some sort.

tears started streaming down my face, it wasnt really crying though it was just tears and i was hyperventilating severely, eventually i couldnt breathe properly and my hands went quite numb and my heart rate went all weird whilst i was hyperventillating. i felt like the world was closing in on me and i was gonna die, it kinda felt like my soul was being tugged away from my body so i can just die. it was very strange. eventually it calmed away after some time. i felt quite numb emotionally like nothing matters anymore, and just went to sleep.

is this a panic attack, is there something I should do like see a doctor? im not sure what to do.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    please help.

ive been quite depressed for the last two days, and yesterday i was completely depressed. Ive also been having suicidal fantasies for like the last month. Im a guy, i have a long list of problems in life though i guess not major ones. after an argument with my girlfriend yesterday via text message i lost it and started punching everything, ive always had an issue with temper. It wasnt because of the argument though, i dont know why i did that.

last night in bed i felt very terrible and disgusting and depressed and anxious. i called my gf, she was arguing at first until i said i just want some sympathy for now which made her stop. after a long pause I had an emotional breakdown of some sort.

tears started streaming down my face, it wasnt really crying though it was just tears and i was hyperventilating severely, eventually i couldnt breathe properly and my hands went quite numb and my heart rate went all weird whilst i was hyperventillating. i felt like the world was closing in on me and i was gonna die, it kinda felt like my soul was being tugged away from my body so i can just die. it was very strange. eventually it calmed away after some time. i felt quite numb emotionally like nothing matters anymore, and just went to sleep.

is this a panic attack, is there something I should do like see a doctor? im not sure what to do.
    Speak to your GP
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Yeah that sounds like a moderate or major panic attack. Its important to remember that no matter how deadly they feel, they are in no way physically harmful to you and the worst they can do is scare you, nothing more. They are horrible though. Wouldn't wish them on anyone.

Its advisable to go and see your GP if they continue or if you aren't already getting help for your depression, which is sounds like you need.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    A panic attack can be a normal response to a stressor not just mental illness. You'd had a low mood for a couple of days, an argument which didn't resolve easily and then the anxiety expressed itself. Panic attacks are often a result of anxiety we have ignored (or been unaware of).

You might consider counselling for the suicidal thoughts. It's important to learn the difference between I want to die and I want the situation or feeling to end.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: May 25, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.