The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

more ruffage :smile: fibre will clean your insides out :smile:
Reply 21
hugsnkisses
There is a medicine which eliviates the problem of smelling f**ts, go to the chemist and say your grandma has really bad flactulance i think it £6 a bottle it gets rid of them and you can keep eating the chicken.

what aboot the tummy pains?
Tufts
I cant do that on a regular basis though because I will get mercury poisoning, and I need regular protein.

you will only start to show signs of mild murcury poisoning after 3-4 months. and even then you have to eat it every day, 3 meals a day. if it was unsafe they would never market it.

i did this for a project at uni, thats where the validity comes from :smile:
Reply 23
Classic Tufts. :rofl:

I don't actually have any useful advice to give. :ninja:
Reply 24
I don't think I've ever done an unsmelly fart.

And Tufts, get some tofu or protein shakes.
Reply 25
Tufts
oooh thats an idea! Is it expensive?

Not really. I eat Morningstar Farms Chik'n nuggets, and they're $4.00 (£2.00) a box. I think that's a bit more than regular chicken nuggets, but as they're a lot healthier, it's worth it (and it's not like a former chicken-addict-turned-vegetarian has much choice). I've not tried Quorn, so I don't know about that.

And I would advise against any "chicken" strips, as those were flavorless rubbery crap.

They're at least worth a try. Most of the brands taste the same (eg, Boca is really similar to Morningstar Farms).
Eat fish and seafood instead of chicken. Also, have you tried lean pork or turkey mince?
Reply 27
Tufts
You read correctly.

I've been eating chicken for 6 days per week following my gym workouts because I need the protein. But I've noticed a distinct change in the frequency and smellyness of my farts. They are now SO BAD that they burn the insides of the nostrils of anyone within a six foot radius!

Also, I get frequent stomach pains. The only food item that has changed in my diet is the chicken. But I need the protein it provides.

What should I do? :frown:

This might sound harsh of me, but dont eat the chicken...perhaps?!
Reply 28
Stop eating the chicken would be my suggestion, eat it less frequently or cut it out completely- if you're worried about calories in eggs just eat the whites and they shouldn't make your farts stink if you don't have them too much. Steak is also a good source of protein, the most important thing as others have said is variety, but also to make sure you have a balanced diet- chicken for 6 days out of every 7 will not give you the nutrients that you need esp. if you're working out too.

It would be best to eat your portion of protein with vegetables- if you don't want potatoes, then spinach is 11 calories for 28g- you prob need about 100g for a portion and you can serve it with garlic which is very healthy for your heart too :smile: other very low cal vegetables are celery (you cna boil this too- completely changes the taste, cauliflower, broccolli, and courgettes aren't too bad boiled with a few slices of lemon.

This may help you to add some variation: http://lowcarbdiets.about.com/od/whattoeat/a/highproteinfood.htm :smile:
Tufts
what aboot the tummy pains?

Yeah because it sooths the intestine. Try, i honestly cant remeber its name but like i said the phamacy will know if yoou say its 4 ya granny
Reply 30
shady lane
Eat fish and seafood instead of chicken. Also, have you tried lean pork or turkey mince?

Yeah, fish is the best meat IMO.
Reply 31
Phoenix
you will only start to show signs of mild murcury poisoning after 3-4 months. and even then you have to eat it every day, 3 meals a day. if it was unsafe they would never market it.

i did this for a project at uni, thats where the validity comes from :smile:

damn. I hate coflicting advice :s-smilie:

Segat1
I don't think I've ever done an unsmelly fart.

I used to have farts which smelt of a pot pouri and a gentle summer sunset.

Now they smell like a badger's bell end.

shady lane

Wont turky have a similar effect with it being poultry?
Reply 32
loser88
celery (you cna boil this too- completely changes the taste

Now THAT im interested in! Celery has always been gross when Ive tried it. How does it change it taste when boiled?
Reply 33
Nooo celery is YUM. if you cook it it tastes MING
Reply 34
Tufts
Now THAT im interested in! Celery has always been gross when Ive tried it. How does it change it taste when boiled?

Can't really describe the taste but it is vastly different and rather scrummy :smile:
Reply 35
uncooked celery is meffing. Eeeeeew!

Bitter and gross. Like semen
Tufts
uncooked celery is meffing. Eeeeeew!

Bitter and gross. Like semen

Agreed.

No, wait... :redface:

:p:
Tufts
damn. I hate coflicting advice :s-smilie:

I used to have farts which smelt of a pot pouri and a gentle summer sunset.

Now they smell like a badger's bell end.

Wont turky have a similar effect with it being poultry?

um... ya

im curious to know, how you know what a badgers bell end smells like...:s-smilie: :p:
Reply 38
chicken doesn't have much protein these days, it tends to have more fat, so i'd suggest an alternative.
Reply 39
Sambo1989
chicken doesn't have much protein these days, it tends to have more fat, so i'd suggest an alternative.

chicken has more protein than tuna I'll have you know.

Latest