Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

From a guys perspective, what is the difference between "just friends" and a sort of crush?
    If a guy goes from talking to you 24/7, telling you some personal stuff and complimenting you to virtually nothing (still being polite and nice but nothing more), what could this mean?

I'm really not good at this sort of stuff...
    Any help appreciated

ReputationRep:
    Haha I know exactly what you mean hun, and they have the cheek to say that us girls are confusing :')

I had that all through my teens, it gets easier as guys mature! You'll be fine, its good to just chat to guys and stuff but don't worry about that too much its not worth it! Just enjoy time with your girlfriends and boys will come along later at a much better time haha xx

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    From a guys perspective, what is the difference between "just friends" and a sort of crush?
    If a guy goes from talking to you 24/7, telling you some personal stuff and complimenting you to virtually nothing (still being polite and nice but nothing more), what could this mean?

I'm really not good at this sort of stuff...
    Any help appreciated
    Some boys go through phases of 'attraction'. Probably means hes not into you as much now as before, but its good hes still nice to you as he still must like you. Dont rush into things and like above as things mature it will get better.

Im a boy, and when i was younger i was kinda like that. I apologize on behalf of all young stupid boys

ReputationRep:
    People pay more attention to others when they're crushing on them. If the person they're crushing on becomes unavailable for whatever reason, there's a decline in attention.

That's not confusing behaviour, it's basic human behaviour; people pay attention to things that they want. If they can't have it, they start looking for what they can have instead of dwelling on what they can't (well, most do anyway).

Seems kind of immoral to use language that compares humans to possessions, but the analogy fits so whatever.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: May 24, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.