Swapping from Evra Patch to POP Watch

Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
I've been on Evra for 9 years and feel it's time for a change and I want to see if any side effects I have, disappear - My sex drive is low at times, I spot and sometimes if I've place it wrong, it comes off.

I've ruled out implants, IUDs and injections and feel there is no point changing to the Combined pill as the hormones are the same, so in theory I should receive the same side effects.

That leaves me with the Progesterone only pill.
From what I understand, I have a small window in which I can take the pill and I take a pill every day. My period will arrive at some point during the month.

Question I have:
1: How does it work without estrogen?
2: What effects does it have on my body? Eg does it thicken cervical mucus? Does it thin womb lining? How does it actually prevent pregnancy?
3: How regular are periods? I currently know exactly when I'm due on, down to the hour.
4: It says that it's affected by diarrhoea - Is this purely any stool which isn't solid? Or do they mean liquid poo, unable to keep anything inside?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...

All the exam results help you need

people online now

students helped last year

How are you feeling about GCSE Results Day?

Hopeful (214)
12.65%
Excited (154)
9.1%
Worried (304)
17.97%
Terrified (376)
22.22%
Meh (162)
9.57%
Confused (37)
2.19%
Putting on a brave face (232)
13.71%
Impatient (213)
12.59%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise