residency in France and ECN Watch

uamuam
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
Hello

I am in my last year of medicine in the UK (graduating in July) and I was wondering about preparing the ECN examinations next year so as to compete for residency in France

Does anyone know if I can make my application next year, while completing my F1 year in the UK ?

should I have made my application this year, as I am graduating this summer ?

the relevant legislation specifies that application to stand the ECN should be made during the 6th year of medicine, and as we all know, in the UK we are already registered (provisionally) after our 5th year, and obtain full registration after F1 year (which is, so to say, our 6th year, for European equivalence purposes ...)
PaolinoPaperino
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Have you sat the ECN in the end or are you sitting it at the end of next year? Because I am also interested in the possibility of sitting it in the 5th year
Nadzzzzz
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Hi! Here is the link for European students who would like to register for the ECN in France.
http://www.cng.sante.fr/Concours-spe...-europeen.html
About your precise case, I think you should send them an email, they will tell you precisely when to register regarding the UK equivalence.

I am a 3rd year student in Medicine in France, and if you don't mind, I'm curious to know what makes you want to come in France? Actually, I was thinking about going to the UK (if still possible) once I've finished my 6th year here. I could go into Med school in Scotland at first, but I got in here and it was easier to stay in France. But the wish to go to the UK never went away.
Juliaaquilina
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I am also interested. May I ask how things turned out for you? Did you do the ECN? I am just about to sit for my final OSCEs and start my foundation years in Malta.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...

All the exam results help you need

people online now

students helped last year
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Sheffield Hallam University
    Clearing open day Undergraduate
    Tue, 20 Aug '19
  • Bournemouth University
    Clearing Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 21 Aug '19
  • University of Dundee
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Mon, 26 Aug '19

Do you have grade requirements for your sixth form/college?

At least 5 GCSEs at grade 4 (24)
17.02%
At least 5 GCSEs at grade 5 (22)
15.6%
At least 5 GCSEs at grade 6 (29)
20.57%
Higher than 5 GCSEs at grade 6 (56)
39.72%
Pass in English and Maths GCSE (3)
2.13%
No particular grades needed (7)
4.96%