Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Discussion:
    How did everyone find that exam?
    Grade boundaries?
    Questions (especially descriptive questions)?

ReputationRep:
    It went well

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    So many describe questions.........

ReputationRep:
    I did
    RESTLESS EARTH
    ICE ON LAND
    WATER ON LAND

ReputationRep:
    It was okay, except the fold mountain discuss question was hard

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Polagra)
    Discussion:
    How did everyone find that exam?
    Grade boundaries?
    Questions (especially descriptive questions)?
    I found it relatively easy- what was the question about describing Athe layout of The Edeen project though? I wrote about how it conforms to the shape of the quarry as it is a restored quarry, but I don't remember theme park layout being on the specification? 😂

ReputationRep:
    That paper was an absolute beauty. Restless Earth, Water on Land, and the Coastal Zone were all nice. I just dread to think what the Grade Boundaries will be like.

ReputationRep:
    for anyone that did water on the land, did you draw a cross section of the meander to make a "labelled plan" or was a sketch of the meander picture in the figure?

ReputationRep:
    Nah you had to label everything visible, and it asked for a plan - bird's eye view

ReputationRep:
    Anyone who done restless earth, what did you put for the last bit on the factfile that asked for the distribution of the plates in south america or something like that, the wording was confusing

ReputationRep:
    Can someone do an unofficial mark scheme???????????????????????

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dch187)
    for anyone that did water on the land, did you draw a cross section of the meander to make a "labelled plan" or was a sketch of the meander picture in the figure?
    I did the same

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by abbigm1)
    Anyone who done restless earth, what did you put for the last bit on the factfile that asked for the distribution of the plates in south america or something like that, the wording was confusing
    Volcanoes occur in linear band on west coast of South America

ReputationRep:
    What did people put in Restless Earth on the first question what was name of volcano????????? I got St Helens

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Polagra)
    What did people put in Restless Earth on the first question what was name of volcano????????? I got St Helens
    same

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dch187)
    I did a sketch, but my friend did both a sketch and a cross section

ReputationRep:
    bruh it was good but I feel like it might have been a little to easy? honestly did not get to proof read anything at the end spent too much time on 8-mark questions. grade boundary predictions anyone?

ReputationRep:
    I did weather and climate, living world and water on the land, and thought I got really lucky on the questions, apart from the weather and climate 8 marker, which I thought was a bit weird...

ReputationRep:
    I don't think the grade boundaries will change much to be honest, it was similar to the 2015 paper and that was 46 for an A* give or take. I think they catch people out with odd wording

ReputationRep:
    Also.... for fold mountains question:

I put that they occur at destructive and collision. Collision due to the two continental plates colliding and material in-between to form fold mountains bilaterally. And at destructive plat boundary unilaterally due to continental being crumpled

What did everyone else put??????

University open days

1. University of Cambridge
    Christ's College Undergraduate
    Wed, 26 Sep '18
  2. Norwich University of the Arts
    Undergraduate Open Days Undergraduate
    Fri, 28 Sep '18
  3. Edge Hill University
    Faculty of Health and Social Care Undergraduate
    Sat, 29 Sep '18
Poll
Which accompaniment is best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.