Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I plan on sitting Maths and Physics A level as a private candidate next year, for which I'll need to do the practical endorsement for physics. I understand that it is a case of passing or failing them as a separate element to the overall a level. My question I still have over it are:

Has anyone else done this, and how much did it cost? I have found one place which is charging about £600 for the practicals (which is a lot!), is this average?

I think I will do AQA but I am not decided. Where can I find what the practicals will be on, so I can prepare for them?

Thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Velocity123)
    I plan on sitting Maths and Physics A level as a private candidate next year, for which I'll need to do the practical endorsement for physics. I understand that it is a case of passing or failing them as a separate element to the overall a level. My question I still have over it are:

Has anyone else done this, and how much did it cost? I have found one place which is charging about £600 for the practicals (which is a lot!), is this average?

I think I will do AQA but I am not decided. Where can I find what the practicals will be on, so I can prepare for them?

Thanks
    http://www.aqa.org.uk/subjects/scien...sics-7407-7408

This is a link to the specification so all the practicals will be in there. They also should be in any textbook that is course specific.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nem11)
    http://www.aqa.org.uk/subjects/scien...sics-7407-7408

This is a link to the specification so all the practicals will be in there. They also should be in any textbook that is course specific.
    I'm going to get the CGP student book which covers the whole physics spec, but is there a separate textbook for the practical element? Or is there a practical for each of the 12 units?

ReputationRep:
    bump

ReputationRep:
    bump

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Velocity123)
    I'm going to get the CGP student book which covers the whole physics spec, but is there a separate textbook for the practical element? Or is there a practical for each of the 12 units?
    I've been using the CGP textbook and it explains every required practical clearly in that book so you shouldn't need any extra material, although a little online research helps as well. Some of the units such as the particles and quantum phenomena don't have a required practical but electricity and waves both have two so there isn't just one per unit.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brexit voters: Do you stand by your vote?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.