Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I'm a ballet dancer and I generally eat quite healthily.
    Yesterday was the first time I had dessert in weeks and I have an apple strudel with ice cream.
    Today after lunch I had a dessert of apple and blackberry crumble and ice cream.
    My boyfriend said that the amount of dessert I've had recently is really bad.
    Would you say it is?
    How often do you have a dessert?

ReputationRep:
    No it's not because as you said, you generally eat well. You also exercise lots for dance I presume so having a couple of treats is not a problem. Also, your bf shouldn't be telling you that it's 'really bad' because that's unfair and is making you worry. My parents criticise me a lot for what I eat even though I'm a healthy size 8/10 and yet they still call me fat. I have dessert maybe 2-3 times a week depending on how I feel and what it is. Don't stress about it too much

ReputationRep:
    Don't worry, I generally have 1-5 desserts a day. Sometimes what I eat in a day consists entirely of desserts (aka today)
    Spoiler:
    Show
    (it's exam season that's my excuse)

ReputationRep:
    also, tell your boyfriend to stop being a killjoy ain't nobody got time for all that negativity

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by harlowberry)
    I'm a ballet dancer and I generally eat quite healthily.
    Yesterday was the first time I had dessert in weeks and I have an apple strudel with ice cream.
    Today after lunch I had a dessert of apple and blackberry crumble and ice cream.
    My boyfriend said that the amount of dessert I've had recently is really bad.
    Would you say it is?
    How often do you have a dessert?
    Your boyfriend is really bad.

ReputationRep:
    No, that's fine. There's nothing wrong with your diet, assuming the rest is fairly healthy. Is your boyfriend very health conscious, or hypocrite? Because that's not really an acceptable thing to say to somebody.

ReputationRep:
    If you think that is bad, then I'm slightly worried. Considering I've been eating roughly a whole Cadbury hazelnut chocolate bar on a daily basis.
    Spoiler:
    Show
    Blaming exam season of course, shame I don't have a good enough excuse to make up for the rest of the year! Glad I also have a very good metabolism too

ReputationRep:
    That's not bad at all. I eat dessert as often as I can so that would be 2 or 3 times a week, and 2 bowls of it when I can get it! As you eat healthily all the time there's absolutely nothing wrong with having what you've had. Dump the boyfriend!

ReputationRep:
    Your boyfriend is an idiot.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RedRosesBloom)
    If you think that is bad, then I'm slightly worried. Considering I've been eating roughly a whole Cadbury hazelnut chocolate bar on a daily basis.
    Spoiler:
    Show
    Blaming exam season of course, shame I don't have a good enough excuse to make up for the rest of the year! Glad I also have a very good metabolism too
    mmm Cadbury. Hazelnuts are very healthy though, so go you getting your nutrition in!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
    Useful resources
    Bizarre things students have spent their loans onThings you should budget for at uni

Sponsored features:

Making money from your own website

Need some cash?

How to make money running your own website.

Bianca Miller, runner-up on The Apprentice

Handle your digital footprint

What would an employer find out about you on Google? Find out how to take control.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.