How hard really are A-levels? Watch

Wan Hury
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
Wagwan. I was wondering if I could get some honest feedback of how life is like whilst studying for your A-levels. I'm starting them in September (hopefully) and I wanted to know what people think of it. I already know it's one of the toughest things anyone could ever do, but other than that, is there anything else? Thanks
harun_farah
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Your not a road man why you saying wagwan?????
Vicky628
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Horrible.
Alevelhelp97
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
You'll be fine as long as you dont take english lol
TheConfusedMedic
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Wan Hury)
Wagwan. I was wondering if I could get some honest feedback of how life is like whilst studying for your A-levels. I'm starting them in September (hopefully) and I wanted to know what people think of it. I already know it's one of the toughest things anyone could ever do, but other than that, is there anything else? Thanks
Just that tiny little detail
splashywill
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
1st year is a lot harder than GCSE's and the second year is apparently harder than doing a degree... its pretty bad, but its manageable
Yasdyxo
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
It's not one of the TOUGHEST things you will do... its just teachers talking normal BS. However, A Levels are easy if you actually work at them.
For GCSE i got 4 A's and 7 B's with 0 work (not the best nor am i bragging) and then at a level i got BBD with about 50% work ethic.
In my opinion, you can't wing a level's if you are an average student, so no 1 day revision blabla.

A Levels will be easy if from the start of September you act like its April, and revise. Revisee reviseeeee revise.
Make flash cards at the end of lessons blabla whatever is your best method start it ASAP.
Don't be like me looking back in hindsight thinking ahhh i could have done this and thatttt
Even just 1 or 2hours a night from September and you'll be alright
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
currently revising for A2 lol it will be the death of me
WHATEVER YOU DO DONT TAKE CHEMISTRY
Rajive
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Yasdyxo)
It's not one of the TOUGHEST things you will do... its just teachers talking normal BS. However, A Levels are easy if you actually work at them.
For GCSE i got 4 A's and 7 B's with 0 work (not the best nor am i bragging) and then at a level i got BBD with about 50% work ethic.
In my opinion, you can't wing a level's if you are an average student, so no 1 day revision blabla.

A Levels will be easy if from the start of September you act like its April, and revise. Revisee reviseeeee revise.
Make flash cards at the end of lessons blabla whatever is your best method start it ASAP.
Don't be like me looking back in hindsight thinking ahhh i could have done this and thatttt
What a levels did you do? And the grade specifically
AppleB
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
They're not 'hard'
They require more work and effort.
If you're not willing to put in the work and effort then it's best not to do A Levels.
Revising from the start is best because you cannot catch up last minute.
There's a lot of work load.

Nothing is impossible or hard you just have to work for it.

Best of luck hope everything goes well for you!!
jessicamatola
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
If you haven't started revising for A-level then you're ****ed!
Yasdyxo
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Rajive)
What a levels did you do? And the grade specifically
English Language and Literature - B
Citizenship - B
Spanish- D lol. (got B&C in the speaking exams but written exams kill me)
wannabe_lawyer
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by AppleB)
They're not 'hard'
They require more work and effort.
If you're not willing to put in the work and effort then it's best not to do A Levels.
Revising from the start is best because you cannot catch up last minute.
There's a lot of work load.

Nothing is impossible or hard you just have to work for it.

Best of luck hope everything goes well for you!!
^^ Basically
_Xenon_
Badges: 12
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Yasdyxo)

I was thinking of revising A levels after all my GCSE exams had finished so 18th June. Is that a good idea or bad? Any advice what stuff to learn during the summer to give me a head start because I really want to ace A levels.

Thanks.
_Xenon_
Badges: 12
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by 142701)
currently revising for A2 lol it will be the death of me
WHATEVER YOU DO DONT TAKE CHEMISTRY
Why I picked chemistry. 😁
Nayzar
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Its not all just scare-mongering. It is hard but you usually learn to adapt to it. After my first month in chemistry AS I was at a D grade bc of my crappy GCSE attitude but now I'm doing ok
username2571271
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
They are a lot of hard work and really stressful, but if you're willing to put in the effort, you'll get good grades

Just 2 words of advice:
- Don't do 4 subjects (unless you feel that you can definitely cope with them)
- Don't take Geography
GlassyMarbles
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Alevelhelp97)
You'll be fine as long as you dont take english lol
oh no...what's it like?
Yasdyxo
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by _Xenon_)
I was thinking of revising A levels after all my GCSE exams had finished so 18th June. Is that a good idea or bad? Any advice what stuff to learn during the summer to give me a head start because I really want to ace A levels.

Thanks.
If you really wanted to, then there is no harm in doing so, but still enjoy your summer! Like i said a few hours a day will help a lot.
And even if its not 100% revision, starting to get your head into the mindset of a levels will help.
Look online for your subject specification.. email your teachers if you don't know the exam boards etc.
And i guess start looking at the beginning of the specification because most teachers start there.
Even start doing past exam papers, look at the mark schemes... see how they differ to GCSEs etc. Just TRY have fun learning lol.

What subjects are you thinking of taking though???
Julieplec
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by IKEAPanda37)
They are a lot of hard work and really stressful, but if you're willing to put in the effort, you'll get good grades

Just 2 words of advice:
- Don't do 4 subjects (unless you feel that you can definitely cope with them)
- Don't take Geography
Geography isn't difficult, you just need excellent memory
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...

All the exam results help you need

people online now

students helped last year
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Keele University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sun, 18 Aug '19
  • Sheffield Hallam University
    Clearing open day Undergraduate
    Tue, 20 Aug '19
  • Bournemouth University
    Clearing Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 21 Aug '19

Are you going to self-release into Clearing?

Yes I've pressed the button (75)
17.32%
No I'm happy with my uni offer (279)
64.43%
Not yet but I am planning to (21)
4.85%
Not yet but I might (58)
13.39%

Watched Threads