The Student Room Group

Will I lose most of my marks in my Drama exam??

So I took the AQA Drama written exam today, and as soon as I had left the exam hall people started talking about Section C (the section about a play we went to see at a theatre). It was very hard and wanted 3 examples instead of the usual two, however this is where I made my mistake -

The questions 11 was along the lines of "explain how the set grabbed your attention using 3 moments". I must have thought that the question was done, so I referenced 3 moments from separate scenes - however apparently it wanted 3 examples from the same scene.

I am probably overthinking, and tbf I'm not going to be massively heart broken if I will lose marks, Drama is my weakest choice and it's more or less physically impossible for me to get an A anyway, but will I lose most of my 40 marks? I did the same for question 12 which just asked how 3 examples added to the tension of the scene, so I've basically done the whole of Section C wrong and referenced 6 different points overall.

Did anyone take this exam and/or know if I will be massively penalised??
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by george_c00per
So I took the AQA Drama written exam today, and as soon as I had left the exam hall people started talking about Section C (the section about a play we went to see at a theatre). It was very hard and wanted 3 examples instead of the usual two, however this is where I made my mistake -

The questions 11 was along the lines of "explain how the set grabbed your attention using 3 moments". I must have thought that the question was done, so I referenced 3 moments from separate scenes - however apparently it wanted 3 examples from the same scene.

I am probably overthinking, and tbf I'm not going to be massively heart broken if I will lose marks, Drama is my weakest choice and it's more or less physically impossible for me to get an A anyway, but will I lose most of my 40 marks? I did the same for question 12 which just asked how 3 examples added to the tension of the scene, so I've basically done the whole of Section C wrong and referenced 6 different points overall.

Did anyone take this exam and/or know if I will be massively penalised??

I don't think it will count too badly against you and it depends on the examiner and you could end up getting better marks if your in luck, are you considering a job in the drama industry? If so email me: [email protected]
Hope that it turns out well for you!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending