Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Did anyone else find this exam really hard today? I think I did awfully on the fieldwork, especially the river environments, and there was a 9 marker on the urban managers or whatever which I swear the course book didn't even cover.

ReputationRep:
    you literally took the words out of my mouth

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Mine was **** tbh think everyone found it very hard

ReputationRep:
    Thank god it wasn't just me. I don't know why exam boards do that, surely they know what's in the spec and aren't purposely trying to get students to fail...? At least if everyone found it hard the grade boundaries might be lower which should balance it out a bit.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by privateschool)
    Mine was **** tbh think everyone found it very hard
    (Original post by ksj.11)
    you literally took the words out of my mouth

Posted from TSR Mobile
    What subjects and topics did you guys both do anyway?

ReputationRep:
    I did hazardous environments coastal environments urban environments econ activity and energy and development & human welfare
    really really difficult this year

ReputationRep:
    I did this yesterday. It was my first exam...I completely screwed up. I lost track of the time so I never got to answer all of it. Only made small answers for the 9 mark questions because I seriously didn't get it and there were a few topic that I don't ever remember covering in my course. I didn't know all my case studies off by heart which didn't help, and fieldwork is my nemesis. I couldn't even answer most of it, just guessed badly. If your saw my answers you would have thought that I never even studied Geography. So now I'm just gonna sulk and feel humiliated. Ok just needed to vent.

ReputationRep:
    I didn't find the exam to be all that difficult, however, the questions they asked were kind of ugly and irrelevant and I couldn't remember ever learning about a lot of them e.g natural systems... The 9 marks were pretty much common sense based and not at all what I was expecting bc I thought they'd be about case studies. The entire format of the exam this year was completely different to any other past geography paper and idk why but it was kind of unfair knowing that you had to do the exam based on your common sense rather than use any of the information you spent time revising. Idk if that's what you lot think as well

ReputationRep:
    Except the fieldwork section and the Fragile environment 9 mark question, the rest wasn't too bad. Why was the fieldwork so weird anyway? Seriously hoping for an A* though...

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.