i give zero ****s Watch

Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
I literally give zero ****s about my exams, I mean I want to do really well in them and I'm an A/B grade student and most people see me as this shy smart girl. I mean do kinda revise but half the time I don't even care. My friends and everyone are always so nervous and I feel like an emotionless **** but don't care about them. I feel bad for not caring about my exams. Everyone around me is expecting me to do really well and I just keep telling myself that's it is the end of the world if I do badly. I've already given up before I even started and I think that's why I'm not bothered. I don't see the big deal about them and most of the stuff we learnt didn't come up in any of the ones I sat. The stuff we learn in school is irrelevant. When am I ever going to need trigonometry? Or write an essay about a book and analyse it? Or the kidney, heart etc?
z33
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
clearly you do

cos you made this thread
Anonymous #1
(Original post by z33)
clearly you do

cos you made this thread
I just needed someone to tell that everyone needs to stfu hun
Anonymous #2
Report 3 years ago
mood right now too tbh.
haven't even revised for any of my a level exams.
people are too serious, all they care about is a stupid piece of paper with a letter on.
what of time
Anonymous #3
Report 3 years ago
If it's GCSEs you'll be fine with little revision, if it's A level .... RIP.
Anonymous #4
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
I literally give zero ****s about my exams, I mean I want to do really well in them and I'm an A/B grade student and most people see me as this shy smart girl. I mean do kinda revise but half the time I don't even care. My friends and everyone are always so nervous and I feel like an emotionless **** but don't care about them. I feel bad for not caring about my exams. Everyone around me is expecting me to do really well and I just keep telling myself that's it is the end of the world if I do badly. I've already given up before I even started and I think that's why I'm not bothered. I don't see the big deal about them and most of the stuff we learnt didn't come up in any of the ones I sat. The stuff we learn in school is irrelevant. When am I ever going to need trigonometry? Or write an essay about a book and analyse it? Or the kidney, heart etc?
I totally understand how you feel. Sometimes I just want to leave this life behind and go start another one
Anonymous #1
mood right now too tbh.
haven't even revised for any of my a level exams.
people are too serious, all they care about is a stupid piece of paper with a letter on.
what of time
ikr there are some many things you could bve doing out there in the world like volunteering to help people etc. instead of sitting some dumb ****
sazriah
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
i know how you feel tbh. ive accepted im going to fail AS maths but i care so little now. theres more to life than stressing about exams nonstop. some of my friends have dropped out of sixth form and are doing an apprenticeship and living life and here i am, struggling over one grade lmao
Anonymous #1
I totally understand how you feel. Sometimes I just want to leave this life behind and go start another one
Yeah i get that feeling from time to time
Anonymous #1
(Original post by sazriah)
i know how you feel tbh. ive accepted im going to fail AS maths but i care so little now. theres more to life than stressing about exams nonstop. some of my friends have dropped out of sixth form and are doing an apprenticeship and living life and here i am, struggling over one grade lmao
it's not going to be the end of the world tho? You'll do fine.
Wisteria_xo
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by sazriah)
Exactly how I feel !
SalazarSlytherin
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
When am I ever going to need trigonometry?
All the time
fatima17k
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
youre not the only one
i didnt answer any of the geography six markers but came out of the hall laughing like a psycho
NathanW18
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
That's why you've posted as anon.
Little Popcorns
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
I just needed someone to tell that everyone needs to stfu hun
You sound seriously stressed . I remember being your age and I truly ****ed my GCSE's up... And it's because I was massively depressed and no one bloody noticed coupled with the fact I was absolutely amazing at hiding it :/. You need to speak to someone seriously I'm not saying you're depressed but you sound down/fed up at the very least...
Anonymous #2
Report 3 years ago
ikr there are some many things you could bve doing out there in the world like volunteering to help people etc. instead of sitting some dumb ****
exactly, life's about experience, not grades and studying.
I just wish I knew where to start in terms of leaving everything behind, planning a new life isn't easy
sazriah
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
it's not going to be the end of the world tho? You'll do fine.
thanks . i was panicking so much as i dont want to disappoint my teacher but i dont care, my other 3 subjects are going really well, just wish i didnt waste a year on maths but oh well! i'm sure you'll be fine too! lets just not panic lol
ariqueen14
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
i agree with you that trig is useless, i have a maths exam on thursday and that's the only time it's gonna be of any use to me
Anonymous #1
(Original post by Little Popcorns)
You sound seriously stressed . I remember being your age and I truly ****ed my GCSE's up... And it's because I was massively depressed and no one bloody noticed coupled with the fact I was absolutely amazing at hiding it :/. You need to speak to someone seriously I'm not saying you're depressed but you sound down/fed up at the very least...
I'm very annoyed because I'm constantly being told to revise, learn blah blah blah and people say it everyday, my parents, my siblings, my teachers and me and my friends the only thing we talk about is revision and i sometimes want to tell them to stfu. I feel like I purposely want to do badly in them so I literally don't revise or do the BARE minimum and people carry on telling me to learn. Like is there not more to life?! I'm always being tols that my exams and grades are the only thing that will lead me to success. etc. I'm not one to talk about my feelings and I have slight trust issues for some reason so I wouldn't know who to talk to and what I would say to them.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IdgimLZ3IX8 - this is what i feel like doing rn.
Jowen12
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Hey friend, I know exactly how you feel, I cared so little about my exams last year and I'm retaking my AS year this year, so if you may, I'd like to give you my point of view!

I thought I was invinscible, I had breezed through my GCSE's, getting a cushy 6 A's and 4 B's, my friends all said I must be really bright as they all knew I did little to no revision for those and so I was in the mindset that the years I was in college, I could fly through them as I did GCSE's... So I got around to sitting my AS levels thinking that the world owes it to me that I get good grades in these exams so I can jump into Uni and the rest of my life, exploring the world and meeting new people! It was not like that at all... I failed ALL 4 of my subjects, getting 4 U's was a pretty big knock to my confidence, so I spent the rest of that summer fuming that the school did this to me, how could I have failed my exams completely? Everyone said I was so clever?

It wasnt until a couple of months back into college, around October, that I realised that I was better than what I had acheived, how was it that people in my original year group who got C's and D's at GCSE were off getting placements into Uni while I'm sat here in a class full of people one year younger than me? My fuel to do well that year (as self centred as it is) is that I'm more worthy to these Uni placements than anyone else in the class I'm in, sure its just a grade on a piece of paper, but at the end of the day, that piece of paper is worth whatever you're going to make in whatever future career you obtain in your remaining life. I know that I have the potential to have a grade on that paper higher than anyone else, you need to realise your own self worth and even if that means tuning out the voices of those around you (I hated it when my parents would praise me for revising, I used to think "I'm not doing this for you/ because you asked me, I'm doing this for ME")

You have so much potential, your post is very eloquently written, and you deserve more than a minimum wage job, working 9 til 5 living in a council house where the highlight of your day is what happens on Eastenders in the evening. You want to explore life, experience it, to do that you need to first show that you are capable of doing so. I know you can. You know you can. So who cares what you get this year? You know that whatever you do next year it'll be 100% your actions, positive or negative.

I went from a straight U grade student into now achieving straight A's on papers. It's not easy. But it's really not too hard if you have the ability to do it!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...

All the exam results help you need

people online now

students helped last year
Latest
My Feed

How are you feeling about GCSE Results Day?

Hopeful (212)
12.76%
Excited (148)
8.91%
Worried (302)
18.18%
Terrified (374)
22.52%
Meh (151)
9.09%
Confused (36)
2.17%