The Student Room Group

A level choices??

Hi, so I want to study law at university, so for a levels I picked:
English
History
Psychology
Classical civilization
And I'm scared that because I didn't take science or maths, I won't stand out at top universities. I'm doing triple science and AQA Level 2 further maths as well at GCSE. I know I'm worrying early but have I made limiting choices??
Pretty sure you will be fine. Law doesn't require specific subjects but they say having English Lit and History is useful which you have.
Original post by Toju_a
English
History
Psychology
Classical civilization
And I'm scared that because I didn't take science or maths, I won't stand out at top universities. I'm doing triple science and AQA Level 2 further maths as well at GCSE. I know I'm worrying early but have I made limiting choices??

Is English referring to English Literature or Language?

Also, you wouldn't be expected to take any maths or science A Levels for a law degree, and there aren't any required subjects as far as I know, so you haven't limited yourself :smile:
Original post by Toju_a
English
History
Psychology
Classical civilization

Law is a subject with no required A Levels, however they sometimes recommend History and English and you're taking that. Classics is an essay subject, and psychology is as well, so you've got a very good base for studying law.

Sciences and maths only really show logic for Law degrees, but with essay subjects they present that and the ability to construct reasonable arguments as well.

Quick Reply

Latest