Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

So, I've been with my boyfriend for 2 and 1/2 years now. We were each other's firsts, had sex after a year etc etc.

Everything is wonderful, except one thing. He refuses to go down on me. I've asked him, confronted it, you know, communication is key. I've not gone down on him since he's refused. He said "I can't breathe down there". I'm not huge, not a stick either, I shower everyday so it can't possibly stink. It bothers me, and I thought I would ask the TSRs if it is really genuine, or just a crappy selfish reason.

Any help would be appreciated.

It dat boi x

ReputationRep:
    Could've done without the "it dat boi" but ok. No need talking to us about it if it's his qualms.

ReputationRep:
    Some people just don't like doing it, and if that's the case you can't make him and it would be wrong of you to pressure him or try force him to.

ReputationRep:
    leave his ass for a real man.
    Spoiler:
    Show
    not me tho.

ReputationRep:
    wtf is 'it dat boi'?? your signature? :lol:
    • Political Ambassador
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Welcome Squad
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    So, I've been with my boyfriend for 2 and 1/2 years now. We were each other's firsts, had sex after a year etc etc.

Everything is wonderful, except one thing. He refuses to go down on me. I've asked him, confronted it, you know, communication is key. I've not gone down on him since he's refused. He said "I can't breathe down there". I'm not huge, not a stick either, I shower everyday so it can't possibly stink. It bothers me, and I thought I would ask the TSRs if it is really genuine, or just a crappy selfish reason.

It dat boi x
    Some people are not interesting in doing that.

telll him to get testosterone injections.

after that maybe he will want to.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)

It dat boi x
    Don't keep asking him to do it. Simply use the same excuse he's using and if he don't like you after that, you know what his intentions where to begin with.

He doesn't have to suck you off, oral sex isn't a need. Maybe in his own time he will want to, but don't pressure him. He's probs just nervous or scared or nothing.

it dat anon x

ReputationRep:
    Whilst I kinda get you not wanting to do it seeing as he doesn't want to do it, it strikes me as odd that you've gone from mature ("communication is key") to petty ("he won't do this so I won't do that" [paraphrased]) in the space of one sentence.

He does realise that he can angle his head just right so that he can breathe and get his tongue a-groovin' at the same time, right?

A true gentleman uses his fingers at the same time anyway, at which point he's situated at such an angle that makes the only reason to breathing being impossible being auto-erotic asphyxiation. Or having no nose.

Edit: you're a guy, huh? Didn't realise. In which case, he seriously needs to work on his technique if he's having trouble breathing.

ReputationRep:
    Oral sex is a pretty gross act in fact although bizarrely enjoyable and pleasurable. Consequently I always feel it falls in the favour rather than a right camp of sexual activities. I've never expected it from a girl. This said for a girl it's quite important since the main act doesn't tend to get them there. Personally I think he should make the effort or expect to face the old heave-ho.

ReputationRep:
    you can try talking to him about it again but unfortunately you can't pressure someone into having (a type of) sex with you.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: May 24, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.