EPQ Help!? Watch

sophiaaaloo
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
Hi
so I was planning to do the EPQ to bank myself some UCAS points and my teacher told me it would look good at universities (I want to do sociology, therefore I will do it on a topic related to this) I want to get a head and start looking at doing it. What do I need to do for it? does the resources I use just have to be textbooks or can It be Online sources too? do I have to complete a draft etc. Things that I need to do and get a good mark will help thank you!
EuanF
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by sophiaaaloo)
Hi
so I was planning to do the EPQ to bank myself some UCAS points and my teacher told me it would look good at universities (I want to do sociology, therefore I will do it on a topic related to this) I want to get a head and start looking at doing it. What do I need to do for it? does the resources I use just have to be textbooks or can It be Online sources too? do I have to complete a draft etc. Things that I need to do and get a good mark will help thank you!
...Bit late isn't it?
Leviathan1741
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Hi
I assume that you will choose/have chosen to complete a 5000 word essay for your EPQ (with AQA)? If you do this, then you'll need to write an essay about your topic which is approximately 5000 words in length (ideally somewhere between 4500 and 5500 words). You'll also complete a Log Book, where you describe what you have done and changes you've made to your project at the beginning, middle and the end, along with a 10-15 minute presentation at the end of the project.

You should use as many resources as possible - textbooks, websites, TV programmes, books etc (you get marks specifically for using at least three different types of resources!). Also make sure you fill the Log Book in thoroughly, because that's the bit of the project where most of the marks come from
sophiaaaloo
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
(Original post by EuanF)
...Bit late isn't it?
No, I'm an AS student and we haven't even started talking much about it. The A2 students have done theirs, I just wanted to do some research and found out what I have to do before hand
LamantChenille
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Try having a read through the EPQ megathread on here, that should give you some ideas!
EuanF
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
No, I'm an AS student and we haven't even started talking much about it. The A2 students have done theirs, I just wanted to do some research and found out what I have to do before hand
Aah, sorry, didn't think EPQ stuff started this early for AS.

Do something you're interested in, and something that won't feel like a grind to do. If you enjoy what you're doing, you'll just have fun and realise you've got an EPQ after messing around for long enough.
TSJD
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
It must be a good idea to do something that you are interested in, but also think about all the stuff you have to do for the production log (research log, GANNT charts, etc) to make sure that you have a topic that will generate material for all that stuff. Make sure you get the title of your project right; it can be easy to get it on the subject but not spot on and then find that your project doesn't quite match the title as you get towards the end. But MOST IMPORTANT - if you are doing it to bank some UCAS points, check that your chosen uni/course will actually take the points into account. Many do not.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...

All the exam results help you need

people online now

students helped last year
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Dundee
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Mon, 26 Aug '19
  • University of Aberdeen
    General Open Day Undergraduate
    Tue, 27 Aug '19
  • Norwich University of the Arts
    Postgraduate (MA) Open Day Postgraduate
    Sat, 31 Aug '19

How are you feeling about GCSE Results Day?

Hopeful (204)
12.73%
Excited (139)
8.67%
Worried (291)
18.15%
Terrified (364)
22.71%
Meh (144)
8.98%
Confused (35)
2.18%