Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Don't get me wrong but I like the tune and beats to music these days but I feel like almost every song that I heard it's about money, sex and *****es (girls) ?! Most of them don't have any meanings to them?

ReputationRep:
    work work work work work work

ReputationRep:
    This post is so edgy I cut my finger on it

ReputationRep:
    Most songs these days are kinda meaningless ..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by booksandcats)
    Don't get me wrong but I like the tune and beats to music these days but I feel like almost every song that I heard it's about money, sex and *****es (girls) ?! Most of them don't have any meanings to them?
    which is why kpop is amazing
    Spoiler:
    Show
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    I've noticed that. But it seems that everything sounds the same. Or is just ****.

ReputationRep:
    The majority of music has always been about the other sex and love, etc.

ReputationRep:
    Maybe you're just looking in the wrong places i.e. stop watching MTV Base.

ReputationRep:
    Personally i don't listen to music for the lyrics; more the melody and beat. Then again i like a lot of music without any lyrics at all.

ReputationRep:
    I stopped listening to the **** they make these days long ago. I only listen to classical music or something similar.

ReputationRep:
    I will forever listen to R&B of the 2000's, the best, will always be.

ReputationRep:
    To be fair, any music, if you think about the lyrics for a nanosecond, is basically about love/drugs, a lot of 60s stuff I listen to is basically innuendo...

ReputationRep:
    I listen to 60's music, and loads of it is a huge innuendo. Music's always been this way

ReputationRep:
    Listen to Ghost BC. Best new band out.

Hail Satan

You just don't know where to look for music I guess

ReputationRep:
    Rejoice peoplez. Be merry!

ReputationRep:
    If you listen to chart ****, yeah. Get away from the Top 40 and the digger you deep, the more diverse (and by correlation, the more interesting) the music gets.

ReputationRep:
    Depends where you look I guess, I generally just go by my youtube recommendations to find music I like, for decent lyrics I recommend La Dispute or Modern Baseball

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by booksandcats)
    chet faker and rat boy

ReputationRep:
    The 'born in the wrong generation xd' meme
    nice one OP

ReputationRep:

"Don't chew the crisps" 10/10 meaningful lyricz. My lyf is sorted after listening to this. I will never look at crisps the same way again.

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources

Articles:

TSR wiki music section

Quick link:

Unanswered music threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.