Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I know that maths is generally a subject where very little memorisation is needed, but there are still some topics that we have just been told to memorise.
    So far I've got:
    • circle theorems
    • similar/congruent triangle rules
    • unit conversions
    • rules for plotting different types of graphs (eg. data for a frequency polygon is at the midpoints of each group)
    • frequency density = frequency / class width
    • speed = distance / time
    • density = mass / volume
    • angle and parallel line facts (eg. corresponding, alternate and vertically opposite angles)
    • f(x) graphs --> sketching or describing transformations
    anything else?

EDIT: adding everything to the OP so everyone can see a full list

ReputationRep:
    If you easily get histogram tables mixed up with cumulative frequency and possibly frequency polygons, you should probably try and memorise how to tell them apart

ReputationRep:
    formulas such as speed=distance/time and frequency density= frequency/class width

I'd memories SOH CAH TOA if you haven't already done this, and understand which versions of the sin and cosine rule are for an angle, and which are for finding a side ( I need to do this one)

ReputationRep:
    One commonly forgotten formula is the density = mass / volume ! You won't be given it.

You also need to remember angle facts and parallel line facts.. although that's mostly easy to remember.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by surina16)
    I know that maths is generally a subject where very little memorisation is needed, but there are still some topics that we have just been told to memorise.
    So far I've got:
    - circle theorems
    - similar/congruent triangle rules
    - unit conversions

anything else?
    You have also got to remember to provide a urine sample
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    So far I've got:
    - circle theorems
    - similar/congruent triangle rules
    - unit conversions

anything else?
    Fx graphs
    Your too good at maths, you don't even have to revise
    How is your physics revision ?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by theunitedGOAT)
    You have also got to remember to provide a urine sample
    cheers for that, will do

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nisha.sri)
    Fx graphs
    Your too good at maths, you don't even have to revise
    How is your physics revision ?
    thank you but I'm really not haha - actually quite nervous for the exam just because they could literally give you a question where you just have no idea how to tackle it
    eh, really have not done much at all for physics - looked threw a few past papers that I did but now I'm just skimming over the mygcsescience videos (skipping past things I know etc) You

ReputationRep:
    cheers for that, will do
    thank you for taking my advice, it would benefit you in the long term
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    thank you but I'm really not haha - actually quite nervous for the exam just because they could literally give you a question where you just have no idea how to tackle it
    eh, really have not done much at all for physics - looked threw a few past papers that I did but now I'm just skimming over the mygcsescience videos (skipping past things I know etc) You
    I'm kinda nervous yeh true
    Same here i've looked through the spec and notes

ReputationRep:
    So far I've got:
    • circle theorems
    • similar/congruent triangle rules
    • unit conversions
    • rules for plotting different types of graphs (eg. data for a frequency polygon is at the midpoints of each group)
    • frequency density = frequency / class width
    • speed = distance / time
    • density = mass / volume
    • angle and parallel line facts (eg. corresponding, alternate and vertically opposite angles)
    • f(x) graphs --> sketching or describing transformations
    anything else?

EDIT: adding everything to the OP so everyone can see a full list
    Circle theorems
    Circle circumference and area formulae - leave answers in terms of pi
    They love trapezia - area is on formula page
    Sum of exterior angles = 360, exterior angle = 360/number of sides, interior plus exterior angle = 180

Posted from TSR Mobile

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.