Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Which do you value most and why

ReputationRep:
    Which ever comes to me first.

ReputationRep:
    Wisdom, because I'm gullible as hell and need someone to point out the trolls :sadnod:

ReputationRep:
    I value love. Its not easy to find but when you do find it and it's the real deal, its the best thing ever and lifts you up more than anything and inspires you to become a better person

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Love, because love makes me happy, and wisdom tends to do the opposite

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Spock's Socks)
    I value love. Its not easy to find but when you do find it and it's the real deal, its the best thing ever and lifts you up more than anything and inspires you to become a better person

Posted from TSR Mobile
    That's everything I wanted to say-but couldn't figure out how to-you said it all for me!

ReputationRep:
    Wisdom - as you'll be wise enough to appreciate love when it presents itself^

ReputationRep:
    I would say wisdom... Love can end horribly... Wisdom only ever ends when you fall in love.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Metrododo)
    Wisdom - as you'll be wise enough to appreciate love when it presents itself^
    Haha the point of the question is that you have to choose:P and I'm sure that you don't need wisdom to appreciate love

ReputationRep:
    It seems I have neither, therefore I couldn't possibly tell you.

ReputationRep:
    If you're not wise you'll mistake an infatuation for real love, which is a problem that plagues society and is the cause for pretty much all the failed "relationships" we have nowadays. When you're wise you know what is and isn't the real deal

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ambre)
    Which do you value most and why
    wisdom because you can learn to love someone

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by theonlymrsholmes)
    it seems i have neither, therefore i couldn't possibly tell you.
    hahahaahahahhahahahahahahahhahah ahahahahaa

ReputationRep:
    Money

ReputationRep:
    Okay I think we need some definitions..

I started this thread therefore the question will be answered according to my definitions of love and wisdom, never mind whether they correspond to the dictionary definitions

Wisdom- having extensive knowledge of human nature and of the world and all it contains, and having the quality of being exceptionally sagacious (as in, to a far greater extent than anyone else living on earth).

Love- having a love (Would it be condescending to elaborate? The word love gets thrown around a lot, so...thinkRomeo and Juliet, Paolo and Francesca, Lucy Honeychurch and George Emerson, Petrach and Laura.. can't think of anymore examples...oh yeah, Rinuccio and Lauretta)

Never mind whether those concepts are realistic
    And you have to choose one or the other, you can't choose one just to acquire the other later

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.