Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Girls what do you mean when you call boys babe dearie and luv? watch

Announcements

literally what is says on the tin? what does this mean coming from a girl that is part of your friendship group??

ReputationRep:
    She's probably being friendly.

I've never actually heard any girl call a guy dearie though. I swear that's what old ladies do?

ReputationRep:
    I could have sworn this was already as thread. Like exactly this title and all...because I remember saying...it could just be a regional term thing with nothing behind it like I say bab and darling and love and that to random females as much as they hate it or love it. And then DanteTheDoorKnob said I'm such a Brummie because I say bab like this thread happened before lol

ReputationRep:
    I guess for me-if I was calling another girl this, then it would be my feminine way of saying "mate", "bro", or "dude"....but to guys...I only say "babe" to those guys who are very close to me, or mean a lot to me-so it was mainly past boyfriends..."dearie" and "luv" I have never said-so I wouldn't know! Sorry.

ReputationRep:
    I've never said that to any guy lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 0to100)
    i could have sworn this was already as thread. Like exactly this title and all...because i remember saying...it could just be a regional term thing with nothing behind it like i say bab and darling and love and that to random females as much as they hate it or love it. And then dantethedoorknob said i'm such a brummie because i say bab like this thread happened before lol
    looool :d

ReputationRep:
    i never call guys those stuff.... ( i did it once when i got my first boyfriend but whatever). its normally the guys that call me bae or babe @[email protected]

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    literally what is says on the tin? what does this mean coming from a girl that is part of your friendship group??
    You're reading too much into it, they're just trying to be nice.
    Or it's just a habit.

Pay no attention to it.

http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_mb...co7_r2_250.gif
    Really sad my gifs don't work....

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: May 24, 2016
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.