Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Will my boyfriend regret breaking up with me? Does he fall out of love with me? Watch

ReputationRep:
    My ex boyfriend and I just broke up three days ago. We broke up because of we might need to deal with long distance relationship on July. At first he really wanted to do long ditance with me but I wasnt sure about it. From the beggining we knew that we would have to deal with it but we continued. As the time gets closer we both became really stress of having little time to meet and talk because we both have exams (He has more than 4 but I have only 1).

We sometimes discuss about the long distance like what to do and stuff. He decided that we should stay as "friends" because he doesn't want us to end bad and hate each others. His friends agreed with his idea. I wanted to try because I love him and I dont think I can go back to being friends with him..we both cried and hug each others while talking about this. I asked him why he decided like this - he said every time we discuss about this it's heate, we fight and felt changes within us. We never fight for 6 months until when we have to discuss about long distance.

I tried talking to him on chat because I missed him but his answers were so cold and distant. I felt so different. My friend told me that nowadays he is focusing on his exams than the break ups. He also doesn't know how he would he feels after the exams, right now he is just stressed and worried about the exams. He also doesn't know if he gonna go back to the relationship.

Im just confused..he said he love me so much. When we broke up - I cant concentrate much on the work but I try my best. I just wondered if he loves me or miss me...and is there a chance of us back together. We broke up during the most stressful period with exams and assignments.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hdavidson99)
    My ex boyfriend and I just broke up three days ago. We broke up because of we might need to deal with long distance relationship on July. At first he really wanted to do long ditance with me but I wasnt sure about it. From the beggining we knew that we would have to deal with it but we continued. As the time gets closer we both became really stress of having little time to meet and talk because we both have exams (He has more than 4 but I have only 1).

We sometimes discuss about the long distance like what to do and stuff. He decided that we should stay as "friends" because he doesn't want us to end bad and hate each others. His friends agreed with his idea. I wanted to try because I love him and I dont think I can go back to being friends with him..we both cried and hug each others while talking about this. I asked him why he decided like this - he said every time we discuss about this it's heate, we fight and felt changes within us. We never fight for 6 months until when we have to discuss about long distance.

I tried talking to him on chat because I missed him but his answers were so cold and distant. I felt so different. My friend told me that nowadays he is focusing on his exams than the break ups. He also doesn't know how he would he feels after the exams, right now he is just stressed and worried about the exams. He also doesn't know if he gonna go back to the relationship.

Im just confused..he said he love me so much. When we broke up - I cant concentrate much on the work but I try my best. I just wondered if he loves me or miss me...and is there a chance of us back together. We broke up during the most stressful period with exams and assignments.
    Ignore it just stay a friends, trying to love him when he won't do the same thing for you ain't gonna do ya any favours.

Forget it.
    • Community Assistant
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    PS Reviewer

I stopped reading there.

Sounds emotionally hard and it's not fair you need to be going through it. It sounds as though he isn't able to articulate his feelings or what he really thinks, or just adamant he's made his mind up and is unwilling to negotiate.

It all sounds very messy. He says he's not sure he wants to be back in a relationship? You should tell him to get a life.

You can't wait for someone like that, you'll just have your heart broken at a later date. Best to go for a clean slate now your lives are taking you in different directions?

It's not the end of the world, believe it or not. Showing his true colours there, needs to see he can't have everything 'his way'.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mimir)

It all sounds very messy. He says he's not sure he wants to be back in a relationship? You should tell him to get a life.

Thats what he told his/my friend. We ended it already.
    • Community Assistant
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    PS Reviewer
    Thats what he told his/my friend. We ended it already.
    Yes, and the same in regards to 'still being friends'.

It's him trying to have everything his way. Be strong. Look out for yourself and tell him to get lost.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team

No it's impossible to be friends, least straight away. I'd ignore him, chances are he would then come crawling back to you after a while but personally even if he did, I'd tell him where to go.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: May 24, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.