Postgraduate Loans date Watch

jamesleicester
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
Hi,

I have been offered a unconditional offer for a MA, can you please tell me when the portal for postgraduate loans will open? when is it likely to be paid as i start in mid sep? and is the criteria likely to change?

Regards

James
Deyesy
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by jamesleicester)
Hi,

I have been offered a unconditional offer for a MA, can you please tell me when the portal for postgraduate loans will open? when is it likely to be paid as i start in mid sep? and is the criteria likely to change?

Regards

James
Hey James,

I've just moved your thread from Advice on Everyday Issues to our Postgraduate Applications forum in the hope you have a better chance of a reply here
Klix88
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by jamesleicester)
Hi,

I have been offered a unconditional offer for a MA, can you please tell me when the portal for postgraduate loans will open?
There's no precise date available yet. Official sources just say "late June".

when is it likely to be paid as i start in mid sep?
I don't think anybody knows. This is the first year they have been offered, so there's nothing from previous years that we could go by. There are too many variables to make a prediction e.g. how many people apply, whether SF have enough staff to deal with the volume of applications, the proportion of applicants who don't have straightforward applications (have to prove UK residency etc).

Many Masters students will be in your shoes, so unis will be geared up to cope with delays in tuition fee payments if SF fall behind. However if you're planning to rely on the loan to pay living expenses like rent, I'd be looking to build up savings so you san support yourself for a while. Just in case the loan is delayed.

and is the criteria likely to change?
Again, there's no way of knowing for sure. I'd say it was unlikely between now and June, but it may change for 2017 starters, depending on how this year goes.
Cooky1705
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
The uni I've been accepted to advised it is a very vague application opening date of 'end of June' with an approximate 5 week turn around for processing applications. I hope it doesn't change as my course starts in August and I need to pay a £1000 deposit to secure my place (which my bank account would appreciate being replaced quickly lol).
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...

All the exam results help you need

people online now

students helped last year
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Sheffield Hallam University
    Clearing open day Undergraduate
    Tue, 20 Aug '19
  • Bournemouth University
    Clearing Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 21 Aug '19
  • University of Dundee
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Mon, 26 Aug '19

Do you have grade requirements for your sixth form/college?

At least 5 GCSEs at grade 4 (24)
17.39%
At least 5 GCSEs at grade 5 (22)
15.94%
At least 5 GCSEs at grade 6 (29)
21.01%
Higher than 5 GCSEs at grade 6 (55)
39.86%
Pass in English and Maths GCSE (2)
1.45%
No particular grades needed (6)
4.35%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise