Parents income evidence - help Watch

davidjwright
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
Hi, my mother was asked for evidence in march for income tax year 2014/2015, unfortunately she does not have this year. She asked through her work if they could send her another one and they agreed however it has been over a month and it still hasn't arrived, so we have missed the deadline stated on the letter and now a letter has come saying balances have been approved and I am only receiving the minimum which is a lot lower than what we calculated via the gov website. I wanted to know if it is still possible to send the evidence off once it arrives and that there is a possibility that my maintenance loan will change. Also, if it is possible is there a certain date it needs to be sent by. If anyone could help ASAP that would be really helpful as I am stressing out.
PQ
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by davidjwright)
Hi, my mother was asked for evidence in march for income tax year 2014/2015, unfortunately she does not have this year. She asked through her work if they could send her another one and they agreed however it has been over a month and it still hasn't arrived, so we have missed the deadline stated on the letter and now a letter has come saying balances have been approved and I am only receiving the minimum which is a lot lower than what we calculated via the gov website. I wanted to know if it is still possible to send the evidence off once it arrives and that there is a possibility that my maintenance loan will change. Also, if it is possible is there a certain date it needs to be sent by. If anyone could help ASAP that would be really helpful as I am stressing out.
Don't panic.

Everyone gets told that they're entitled to the minimum initially - SFE think that it's reassuring (!).

Once you send through the financial information then SFE will reassess and you'll find out your final loan amounts.

The deadline is for getting the initial approval sorted out - you've done that so in the Autumn your uni will be paid and you will receive a loan payment.

Just do everything you can to get the income information from your mum's employer and sent off ASAP. Worst case scenario is that you'll get the lower amount for your first term and then in your second term you'll get the full amount - but if you can get the income stuff through before the end of June then that gives SFE plenty of time to re-assess you before the Autumn.
davidjwright
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
(Original post by PQ)
Don't panic.

Everyone gets told that they're entitled to the minimum initially - SFE think that it's reassuring (!).

Once you send through the financial information then SFE will reassess and you'll find out your final loan amounts.

The deadline is for getting the initial approval sorted out - you've done that so in the Autumn your uni will be paid and you will receive a loan payment.

Just do everything you can to get the income information from your mum's employer and sent off ASAP. Worst case scenario is that you'll get the lower amount for your first term and then in your second term you'll get the full amount - but if you can get the income stuff through before the end of June then that gives SFE plenty of time to re-assess you before the Autumn.
Thanks for the reassurance, I'll make sure I send it off as soon as it arrives.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...

All the exam results help you need

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

• University of Aberdeen
    General Open Day Undergraduate
    Tue, 27 Aug '19
  • Norwich University of the Arts
    Postgraduate (MA) Open Day Postgraduate
    Sat, 31 Aug '19
  • University of Lincoln
    Guardian Offices, Kings Cross, London Postgraduate
    Mon, 2 Sep '19

How are you feeling about GCSE Results Day?

Hopeful (220)
12.48%
Excited (165)
9.36%
Worried (308)
17.47%
Terrified (389)
22.06%
Meh (182)
10.32%
Confused (38)
2.16%