This discussion is closed.
Blood & Honour
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 15 years ago
K well i'm doing the Open Award for Gold in 2 weeks, god how boring trecking through fields.
I just wanted to know if anyone else had been on it and more importantly just how People view it on you CV....
Muse
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Blood & Honour)
K well i'm doing the Open Award for Gold in 2 weeks, god how boring trecking through fields.
I just wanted to know if anyone else had been on it and more importantly just how People view it on you CV....
I've done Silver and am starting Gold in Sept..it was an amazing experience (silver) IMO!!
It does look very favourable on your CV, you also get all the fun of packing up a tent on a cold wet morning with dew everywhere!
Blood & Honour
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 15 years ago
FUN?
Its boring the only thing that keeps me going is the fact i am fitter than any 1 else in my group and how if i were to join up it would be worst.
Muse
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Blood & Honour)
FUN?
Its boring the only thing that keeps me going is the fact i am fitter than any 1 else in my group and how if i were to join up it would be worst.
So why have you put this in the debate forum? Are we debating the merits that the DofE scheme has on your CV?!

I think DofE is fun in retrospect, at the time it seems like hell, but looking back it was quite worthwhile.
Rhys
Report 15 years ago
I recieved my Gold Duke of Edinburgh's Award last Wednesday at St. James Palace. I spoke to Prince Phillip which many people did not get to do. He also told me a story about these twins he knew serving in Bosnia...anyway, the presentation was in the palace art gallary. All in all, it was a great day out. Certificate looks better than any of my exam board ones!
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

If you're planning on going to uni this year, would any of these financial reasons stop you?

Not being able to work now to save up for uni (90)
13.89%
Reduced household income due to coronavirus means I can't afford to go (53)
8.18%
Lack of part-time jobs to support me while I'm at uni (83)
12.81%
Lack of graduate job prospects when I finish uni (78)
12.04%
Other reasons are stopping me going (83)
12.81%
Nothing is stopping me going (261)
40.28%

Watched Threads