The Student Room Group

Everyone alive right now won't be alive by the next century?

Was bored and I was just pondering, except maybe babies being born right now,.. Me and everyone around me will be gone by the year 2100, if not 2110.

Right now I'm a 14 Year old adolescent just going to school day in, day out, but imagine I'll be just dust and everything I do right now will fade into nothingness. The bedroom I sleep in, the television I watch, the people I see every morning, the living room I lounge in and the laptop I'm creating this thread on will all be gone, even the strangers I see at the bus stop.

I mean just imagine the year 2075 or 2095 I could be waking up to my last sunrise and sunset, and going to sleep for the last time while 10 year old children are playing outside or a baby is just being born. I wonder what I did that day..

Its just so weird, what are your thoughts on this?

I think I may just be struggling to come to terms with this.

Scroll to see replies

My thoughts are

You have exams leave stupid website
Reply 2
welcome to how life works
At least my TSR account will still be here.
uhm I'll be alive past 2100 thankyou very much.
That's the way the world works, nothing lasts forever :smile:
aww OP you make like sound really short nowww

Spoiler

(edited 7 years ago)
I plan to slowly transfer sectors of my brain to nanobots and eventually be completely synthetic.
Original post by Plantagenet Crown

ngl thats so sad it hurts
The advances in medicine we will see for the rest of the century will ensure there is already a sizeable number of people likely to make it over to the next century. Better diets, improved living conditions around the world all going well...
(edited 7 years ago)
The oldest currently living person is the last living person to have been born before 1900, and only two others that were born in the 19th century remain alive. What would the year 2116 be like? we might not be alive to find out
theres always life after death :biggrin: haha:u:
depends. this presumes centenarians will go extinct or be banned.
honestly i really want to see the year 3000 but my kids and my grandkids and my grandkids' kids are all gonna be dead by then whats the point
We might all live past 100, if not more, depending on if medical circumstances are improved by then. Apparently babies being born now have a chance of living to 150? Either way, you could still be alive this time in 100 years.

What makes things weirder is that I was born in 1999, so if I live until 2100 I would've seen 2 millenniums, 3 centuries, and 12 decades :tongue: I would only have to be 101 as well and there are plenty centenarians now so I can't count it as impossible to happen.
You can't think like that, you have to live life while you can without worrying about the endgame. Your probably just stressed out at the moment with school or work concerns. Just remember this mate. Sure we are all going to die one day, but the same goes for everybody, everywhere from all walks of life And one day when the earth and the universe collapses in on itself, retreating back from the centre, we will all return to the stars, waiting again, until the time to return again comes. So in a sense, the end is only the beginning and never forget that.
Original post by nomnomnomm
honestly i really want to see the year 3000

Not much will change, we'll just live underwater.
Original post by anarchism101
Not much will change, we'll just live underwater.

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO HOLY ****ING **** [video="youtube;HQn93YNHyR0"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HQn93YNHyR0[/video]
THE GOOD OL DAYS
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Plantagenet Crown

Not necessarily.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending