Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I have applied for the Early Years Educator course which a space for level 2 or 3 has been offered to me depending on my GCSE results. Anyway, I would like to know how (from a student's point of view) college life would be like on this course. Is it stressful at all? Did you find it easier and better than you found secondary school?-answers to questions like that please.
    And I would also like an idea of what material I am expected to have, what books do I need for this course, what sort of stationary?
    Many thanks in advance.
    • TSR Support Team
    • Peer Support Volunteers
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Peer Support Volunteers
    Clearing and Applications Advisor
    (Original post by Jemo014)
    I have applied for the Early Years Educator course which a space for level 2 or 3 has been offered to me depending on my GCSE results. Anyway, I would like to know how (from a student's point of view) college life would be like on this course. Is it stressful at all? Did you find it easier and better than you found secondary school?-answers to questions like that please.
    And I would also like an idea of what material I am expected to have, what books do I need for this course, what sort of stationary?
    Many thanks in advance.
    Hey Jem014. I just wanted to let you know I've moved your thread from our Advice on Everyday Issues forum to our BTEC forum in the hope you'll get better replies here

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jemo014)
    Many thanks in advance.
    Hey !
    Im literally coming to the end of my second year studying childcare and education going to college was the best thing for me. College gave me confidence I never knew I had,as when I left High School I never thought I'd be able to reach above a C. It was a lot of work and still is but it is very rewarding I enjoy every single day and every single word I write.
    Yes there may be days where I be like why am I doing this it's so difficult but at the end of the day, when I get my results from my course work I can see every bit of effort I put in paid off.
    Don't let this put you off the course it's amazing and I wouldn't change it for the world.
    It has opened up so many doors of opportunity for me and I'm in a position to choose whichever way I want to go.
    College life was definitely the one for me the transition from High School was the best way of gaining Independence Of My Life and I hope you enjoy it as much as I did.

ReputationRep:
    Also regarding stationary
    -pen
    -pad of paper
    -file
    Anything else your college will let u know on the first day x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Collins.SL)
    Hey !
    Im literally coming to the end of my second year studying childcare and education going to college was the best thing for me. College gave me confidence I never knew I had,as when I left High School I never thought I'd be able to reach above a C. It was a lot of work and still is but it is very rewarding I enjoy every single day and every single word I write.
    Yes there may be days where I be like why am I doing this it's so difficult but at the end of the day, when I get my results from my course work I can see every bit of effort I put in paid off.
    Don't let this put you off the course it's amazing and I wouldn't change it for the world.
    It has opened up so many doors of opportunity for me and I'm in a position to choose whichever way I want to go.
    College life was definitely the one for me the transition from High School was the best way of gaining Independence Of My Life and I hope you enjoy it as much as I did.
    Thank you so much for your reply! It sounds like you were in a similar situation as I am. I am so anxious about getting my target grades so I can get in to this course. and do the level I want to do. It's good to hear that someone in a similar situation to me enjoyed the course. I am so excited to get school finished and over with so I can actually do something I enjoy! Once again, thank you for your replies

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful resources

Features

Blinkered horse

Take off your BTEC blinkers

Find out the truth behind the BTEC myths.

Polling station sign

BTEC essentials

What you really need to know about studying BTEC.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.