Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

I'm deliberately failing my exams AMA Watch

ReputationRep:
    I'm going out of my way to make sure I don't meet my offer, as the title says AMA.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by intelligent con)
    I'm going out of my way to make sure I don't meet my offer AMA.
    then someone else will take your place unless you wanna go to uclan

ReputationRep:
    Why are you doing this?

Any particular reason?

ReputationRep:
    I'm going out of my way to make sure I don't meet my offer, as the title says AMA.
    You're not, this is possibly the worst attempt at a troll thread that you've created yet.

Nah I'm sure you won't have to actively try in order to fail

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sana_Akram)
    Why are you doing this?

(Original post by homeland.lsw)
    Any particular reason?
    Don't want to go to my firm choice, would be much happier to end up going to my insurance or even going through clearing.

Don't want to go to my firm choice, would be much happier to end up going to my insurance or even going through clearing.
    But if you meet your firm choice, don't you automatically meet your insurance? What's the point in failing? You can always just reject your firms offer?
    Spoiler:
    Show
    I don't know I'm like 9

ReputationRep:
    Some people have troubles getting out of their firm choice and here I am wondering if I'll be able to get even one decent uni when I apply.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by homeland.lsw)
    But if you meet your firm choice, don't you automatically meet your insurance? What's the point in failing? You can always just reject your firms offer?
    Spoiler:
    Show
    I don't know I'm like 9
    nah if you meet your firm you can't decide to switch to insurance at the last minute, besides it would mean my parents won't be able to moan about me choosing my insurance over my firm.

ReputationRep:
    I'm pretty sure you have a choice at the end of the day

ReputationRep:
    Stupid idea tbh. You can still decline the place you firmed on results day. Instead of failing your exams.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by OGGUS)
    I'm pretty sure you have a choice at the end of the day
    Nope says here "Remember, you'll only attend your insurance choice course if you don't meet the conditions of your firm choice, but you do meet the conditions of your insurance. You can't choose between your firm and insurance when you get your results, so make sure you're happy with which is your firm and which is your insurance before you reply."

ReputationRep:
    Nope says here "Remember, you'll only attend your insurance choice course if you don't meet the conditions of your firm choice, but you do meet the conditions of your insurance. You can't choose between your firm and insurance when you get your results, so make sure you're happy with which is your firm and which is your insurance before you reply."
    That's a bit mean
    • TSR Support Team
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Clearing and Applications Advisor
    Moronic thing to do. As long as you ask before results day, you can, with permission from your insurance choice, ask your firm university to reject you. Your insurance choice will then automatically become your firm.

ReputationRep:
    Very good idea!!
    Hopefully you will convert many people.
    :crazy:

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.