Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I'm getting my ears pierced in a couple of weeks and I know you have to leave the earrings in for a few weeks to let the holes heal up. Problem is I do judo so obviously I have to take them out for that. Coach said I can't even tape them up, they have to be out completely. I probably won't be going over the summer, so June to September will be three months solid that the earrings will be in, at that point will I be able to take them out for an hour or two once a week without having to worry about them healing up?
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by Judopixie)
    I'm getting my ears pierced in a couple of weeks and I know you have to leave the earrings in for a few weeks to let the holes heal up. Problem is I do judo so obviously I have to take them out for that. Coach said I can't even tape them up, they have to be out completely. I probably won't be going over the summer, so June to September will be three months solid that the earrings will be in, at that point will I be able to take them out for an hour or two once a week without having to worry about them healing up?
    You cannot remove them for 6 weeks, after which you can remove them, but should try to only do this to change earrings. You can leave them out for much longer periods after 6 months. 3 months should be alright.

ReputationRep:
    With the earrings that are used when getting your ears pierced, they have got to be left in for 6 weeks

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Yeah I think after 3 months should be fine. Just make sure you put them straight back in again as it really takes 6 months for your ears to properly heal so that you can leave them oout for longer periods of time

ReputationRep:
    Which part of the ear are you getting pierced? Lobes heal much faster than piercings in the cartilage and can be removed earlier.

ReputationRep:
    I took my earrings out for judo once for only 1 hour and they healed up, even after that little time. After 6 weeks it was fine though.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bones-mccoy)
    Which part of the ear are you getting pierced? Lobes heal much faster than piercings in the cartilage and can be removed earlier.
    Just my lobe, I do plan on getting more but not now.

ReputationRep:
    Just my lobe, I do plan on getting more but not now.
    I've had 5 lobe piercings and some of them healed faster than others so it is hard to say, best to use your own judgement really. 3 months is plenty of time for the piercings to heal, especially if you clean them properly every day.

ReputationRep:
    I’ve left my earring on for about 2-3 months...Is there a possible way to take them out every day just for 7 hours?

ReputationRep:
    I’ve had my earrings in for about 2-3 months...
    I’m too scared to take them out yet but is there a chance I
    Could take them out everyday for 7 hours?

ReputationRep:
    I removed mine after about 1 month
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
    • Community Assistant
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by Ameera begum!)
    I’ve left my earring on for about 2-3 months...Is there a possible way to take them out every day just for 7 hours?
    Are you referring to a standard lobe piercing? These can be removed/changed at the six week mark.

I wouldn't jump straight to removing them for 7hrs at a time. If you can work up to it that would be better. e.g. take them out for an hour or two evening, then put them back in before bed. Then gradually increase that time as you feel comfortable.

ReputationRep:
    3 months should definitely be fine. Most places say 6 weeks for lobe piercings.

HOWEVER, it definitely depends on the person and the piercing. Sometimes you can just have a bad reaction. I have 2 cartilage and one took ages to heal, like it was super painful for about 4 months and hurt when touched for like nearly a year. Kept getting infected. Couldn't change it (because of the pain) for those 4 months. But the other one stopped hurting after a month and I changed it soon after!
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    You have to leave them in for 6 weeks

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.