Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I'm getting my ears pierced in a couple of weeks and I know you have to leave the earrings in for a few weeks to let the holes heal up. Problem is I do judo so obviously I have to take them out for that. Coach said I can't even tape them up, they have to be out completely. I probably won't be going over the summer, so June to September will be three months solid that the earrings will be in, at that point will I be able to take them out for an hour or two once a week without having to worry about them healing up?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Judopixie)
    I'm getting my ears pierced in a couple of weeks and I know you have to leave the earrings in for a few weeks to let the holes heal up. Problem is I do judo so obviously I have to take them out for that. Coach said I can't even tape them up, they have to be out completely. I probably won't be going over the summer, so June to September will be three months solid that the earrings will be in, at that point will I be able to take them out for an hour or two once a week without having to worry about them healing up?
    You cannot remove them for 6 weeks, after which you can remove them, but should try to only do this to change earrings. You can leave them out for much longer periods after 6 months. 3 months should be alright.

ReputationRep:
    With the earrings that are used when getting your ears pierced, they have got to be left in for 6 weeks

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Yeah I think after 3 months should be fine. Just make sure you put them straight back in again as it really takes 6 months for your ears to properly heal so that you can leave them oout for longer periods of time

ReputationRep:
    Which part of the ear are you getting pierced? Lobes heal much faster than piercings in the cartilage and can be removed earlier.

ReputationRep:
    I took my earrings out for judo once for only 1 hour and they healed up, even after that little time. After 6 weeks it was fine though.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bones-mccoy)
    Which part of the ear are you getting pierced? Lobes heal much faster than piercings in the cartilage and can be removed earlier.
    Just my lobe, I do plan on getting more but not now.

ReputationRep:
    Just my lobe, I do plan on getting more but not now.
    I've had 5 lobe piercings and some of them healed faster than others so it is hard to say, best to use your own judgement really. 3 months is plenty of time for the piercings to heal, especially if you clean them properly every day.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.