The Student Room Group

Physics IA idea

Hi
I am doing an IA on physics. So basially i want to measure the time it takes for a ball to stop bouncing once dropped from different heights. I think i need sth more creative to add to this cos its too common.
I am in desperate need for help! Any suggestions would be appreciated! Thanks!!!
Original post by Lea22
Hi
I am doing an IA on physics. So basially i want to measure the time it takes for a ball to stop bouncing once dropped from different heights. I think i need sth more creative to add to this cos its too common.
I am in desperate need for help! Any suggestions would be appreciated! Thanks!!!

Hi, can you elaborate a bit further on what you are trying to do? At the moment all that I can advise is to measure it with a stopwatch and also you'll need some sort of method for dropping the ball so that it is (A) controlled for variables like spin and (b) simultaneous to the stopwatch starting
Reply 2
Original post by natninja
Hi, can you elaborate a bit further on what you are trying to do? At the moment all that I can advise is to measure it with a stopwatch and also you'll need some sort of method for dropping the ball so that it is (A) controlled for variables like spin and (b) simultaneous to the stopwatch starting

Hi
Thanks for the reply
What you said is basically what I was planning to do but it feels like it's too simple.
What more could I add to make it more creative and fun...?
Should I try to use different surface or sth...
OMG what should I do...
Original post by Lea22
Hi
Thanks for the reply
What you said is basically what I was planning to do but it feels like it's too simple.
What more could I add to make it more creative and fun...?
Should I try to use different surface or sth...
OMG what should I do...

Ok, before I start making suggestions, would help if you told me what an IA is and how it is assessed. It might be that it is fine, or we could come up with something more interesting.

Quick Reply

Latest