Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Inspired by other recent threads in a similar vein and because I forgot to do this over mental health awareness week.

I have schizoaffective disorder - bipolar type, which broadly speaking is when schizophrenia and bipolar disorder occur at the same time.

So Ye, ask away.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Squaresquirrel)
    Inspired by other recent threads in a similar vein and because I forgot to do this over mental health awareness week.

I have schizoaffective disorder - bipolar type, which broadly speaking is when schizophrenia and bipolar disorder occur at the same time.

So Ye, ask away.
    Do you want to talk about it?
    Do you know what causes your schizophrenia?

I am soon going to write some posts about this type of stuff as well as fitness and health on my blog.

Email: [email protected]
    Blog: rickyblogsinlimbo.blogspot.com

Cheers
    JT

ReputationRep:
    when were you diagnosed?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kaiju)
    when were you diagnosed?
    I went through several diagnosises when it first started around 8 years ago. They settled on my current diagnosis abut 3 years ago when I was 21/22.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Over And Out)
    Do you want to talk about it?
    Do you know what causes your schizophrenia?

I am soon going to write some posts about this type of stuff as well as fitness and health on my blog.

Email: [email protected]
    Blog: rickyblogsinlimbo.blogspot.com

Cheers
    JT
    More than happy to talk about it, what do you need from me??

As for causes I'm pretty sure it's biological, almost everyone in my dad's side of the family has a mental illness. I used to think I had been chosen to save the world but now I'm on some good medication - even though I still think this sometimes I can recognise it as a weird thing to think.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: May 25, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.