The Student Room Group

Difficult sitation with my offer

I have a conditional offer from Cardiff for ABB for politics and economics.

I have already achieved an A in business studies (I've taken 5 of the exams already), am on my way to get an A in law, but my last subject is a bit complicated.

I took media for AS and when i tried to carry it on for A2 my college's timetable wouldn't allow for it. There was only one class of each so I had to do lessons for Law and pretty much teach myself the media course. I have only had 6 half hour tutorials since January.

My media teacher sent a letter to Cardiff saying that I am a bright and able student who is good at media, but who had been messed around by my college. I got 100% in one of the media exams last year so they know its not because I can't do the subject.

Do you think they will overlook a bad grade in media if I get A's in law and business? I'm hoping for a C or a B in media but I could end up with a D. I also have an AS in Critical Thinking at one point below an A.

I know Cardiff can be quite strict with requirements but I am a little worried because I didn't put an insurance offer ( I didn't like the uni's I picked). What kind of universities do you think i could get into during Clearing with AAC/D?

Thank you

Alice
You could email Cardiff and ask how likely they'd be to take you with AAC/AAD given your circumstances? Obviously it depends how many people miss their offers, but since AAC is equivalent to ABB in terms of points, you taught yourself media studies and it's the least relevant to your degree, you might be OK. As for where else you could go if they didn't let you in, try searching for all the unis that currently have places on Extra and seeing what grades they require because a lot of them will probably be in Clearing as well, and probably with slightly lower grade requirements. There seem to be a few fairly decent unis on there at the moment, including UEA, Essex and Lancaster.

Latest

Trending

Trending