The Student Room Group

help!!bf's female best friend??

My boyfriend's best friend is a girl he has known since he was a kid. She's so clingy and calls him 15-20 times a day, wants to meet him daily, and even sometimes holds his hand in public. She says she doesn't care what people say because she knows they are just friends. He doesn't see her as anything more than a friend which I know, but who knows what she's thinking!?

Before we got together people would apparently ask them if they were a couple because they were always alone together.

Initially, I didn't care. But now it's really irritating me. She has even planned a 2-3 week trip for just the two of them to go alone..and of course they will stay in separate rooms but when he told me about this I was so mad.

I told him I think it's weird and he also agrees but he is finding it difficult to say this to his friend because he isn't even sure if she actually likes him as more than a friend..

He's asked me what he should do and I said I think it's weird and he said he won't go then..but still..what else can I say to him besides the fact that it's weird? I want him to clearly understand how strange it is..

What would you do in this situation? Is it weird or is it just me?
Imo it is weird, even if she's not interested in him, which may be the case, she certainly pretty possessive. You have the right to be annoyed, especially about the handholding :s-smilie: tell your bf how you feel and get him to speak to his friend
Reply 2
Either she does like him more than as a friend and perhaps your bf might or might not know about it, or she's a really weird person with no boundaries and your bf needs to man up and say something. Either way, you should be mad. (A guy's opinion)
Original post by Anonymous
My boyfriend's best friend is a girl he has known since he was a kid. She's so clingy and calls him 15-20 times a day, wants to meet him daily, and even sometimes holds his hand in public. She says she doesn't care what people say because she knows they are just friends. He doesn't see her as anything more than a friend which I know, but who knows what she's thinking!?

She has even planned a 2-3 week trip for just the two of them to go alone..and of course they will stay in separate rooms but when he told me about this I was so mad.

Yes, it is very strange - both her behaviour and that he can't see what's going on. If you can't explain it to him then.. :dontknow:
Reply 5
I don't think it's particularly strange. Would a girl behave like that with a female best friend? Quite possibly. She may just be an affectionate person.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I've had the same problem, my bf doesn't find it weird tho that she keeps asking him to concerts with him. It gets me down but i don't want to ruin his fun:frown:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending