Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

in love with my best friend watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    im in love with my best friend and sometimes it seems like they might like me back
    they always treat me like they care a lot, and always saying certain things that just seem a lot further and deeper than a friendship kind of love and caring
    we sometimes say quite innocent but flirty things to each other or make relationship jokes together and everything seems certain and then next thing they tell me to go on dating apps and tell me they wanna get me people's numbers and then it goes from 100 to 0 real quick.
    I have no idea what they actually feel and if my own emotions are optimistically looking for something more than is actually there

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lucinda_Lillie)
    im in love with my best friend and sometimes it seems like they might like me back
    they always treat me like they care a lot, and always saying certain things that just seem a lot further and deeper than a friendship kind of love and caring
    we sometimes say quite innocent but flirty things to each other or make relationship jokes together and everything seems certain and then next thing they tell me to go on dating apps and tell me they wanna get me people's numbers and then it goes from 100 to 0 real quick.
    I have no idea what they actually feel and if my own emotions are optimistically looking for something more than is actually there
    If you like him just like tell him somehow

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Usually relationship "jokes" are actually a downlow attempt at gauging how you feel about the idea.. and saying they're gonna get you ppls numbers?? sounds to me like the guy is actually just trying to give you opportunities to tell him you like him by seeing how you respond to the idea of going out with someone other than him ygm. sounds like hes hoping for:

"ima get you someones number"
    "no pls dont bc i actually like you"

didnt word that very well. try and escalate it and see what happens, hes not going to go first but theres no reason you cant. yes it might go wrong and get awkward so you lose a friend but gotta crack a few eggs to make an omelette

ReputationRep:
    :goodluck:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by davgen7)
    Usually relationship "jokes" are actually a downlow attempt at gauging how you feel about the idea.. and saying they're gonna get you ppls numbers?? sounds to me like the guy is actually just trying to give you opportunities to tell him you like him by seeing how you respond to the idea of going out with someone other than him ygm. sounds like hes hoping for:

"ima get you someones number"
    "no pls dont bc i actually like you"

didnt word that very well. try and escalate it and see what happens, hes not going to go first but theres no reason you cant. yes it might go wrong and get awkward so you lose a friend but gotta crack a few eggs to make an omelette
    that was inspirational af, thank you

ReputationRep:
    thats alright :P in hindsight i should add that the reason hes making the "jokes" (who the **** actually jokes about that ****) is that if you go "eeeee naaaaaa youre nasty thats a disgusting thought, that would never happen" as your reaction to the "joke" (for example) then he knows to steer clear to maintain his dignity. so hes basically testing the waters and making sure youre not opposed so he doesnt make himself look like a ******** if he looks for more. sort of like hinting, but hidden so poorly that it doesnt even count as hinting anymore

think that would have helped the first post to make a bit more sense but better late than never. if you need more advice, i am tbh a master of the chirpse so send me a pm

and yes, as with all things worth doing in life, there is a very real possibility that this will all go tits up... but if you dont do anything, youll regret it. and if you do, and it fails, youll regret it too but for a much much shorter period of time

pm for more
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    (Original post by Lucinda_Lillie)
    that was inspirational af, thank you
    If you really like him then don't play games, just tell him.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: May 25, 2016
Poll
Do you like carrot cake?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.