Vocation scheme 16+Training Contract 18 Watch

trela
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
Hello I am new here and this is my first question, so please excuse me if I am doing anything wrong. To cut long story short after a long (a very long) wait, I was recently offered one week vacation scheme which can potentially lead to a TR 18'. That's all good and I am grateful for it given how competitive the market is. However I am currently employed and I am worried that if I tell my boss about it then I might loose my job - has anyone got any similar experiences? Is there a way for my current employer to find out? Pleased to hear from you.
kaybone93
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Hey, Ive also been offered two vac schemes for this summer (yay) while being in employment. The best thing to do is to use the holiday you have for the vac scheme, assuming you have any holiday left. If not, you may want to discuss with your employer about taking some unpaid leave for a week. Its down to you whether you disclose why you need this time off, or whether you want to keep it private.

As to your employer finding out, I suppose this depends on which field you are currently working in, and the probability of this happening. I personally wouldn't worry so much about this, its more about securing time off from work in the first place that you need to sort out...
trela
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
Congratulations kaybone93 and thanks for your reply. I hope all works well for you.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How did your AQA A-level Psychology Paper 1 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (201)
22.09%
The paper was reasonable (388)
42.64%
Not feeling great about that exam... (174)
19.12%
It was TERRIBLE (147)
16.15%

Watched Threads