Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi,
    I got a C in my geography coursework (unit 4) but if I got A*'s in the other 3 units would I still be able to get an A* as my overall grade?
    Thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Swift44)
    Hi,
    I got a C in my geography coursework (unit 4) but if I got A*'s in the other 3 units would I still be able to get an A* as my overall grade?
    Thanks
    I am assuming you are doing Edexcel (this is the one I found coursework for). If you got 60% (UMS) which is the lowest C then it looks as though you would have to get 100% (UMS) for an A* in all three other units. (based on last years grade boundaries)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mav1)
    I am assuming you are doing Edexcel (this is the one I found coursework for). If you got 60% (UMS) which is the lowest C then it looks as though you would have to get 100% (UMS) for an A* in all three other units. (based on last years grade boundaries)
    Thanks, is there a possibility I could redo my controlled assessment or is that not possible?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Swift44)
    Thanks, is there a possibility I could redo my controlled assessment or is that not possible?
    I would not get your hopes up, I do not think resits are available. That having been said it is definitely worth confirming with your teacher/ contacting the exam board to ask.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mav1)
    I would not get your hopes up, I do not think resits are available. That having been said it is definitely worth confirming with your teacher/ contacting the exam board to ask.
    Thank you so much!

Poll
Who is your favourite TV detective?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.