AQA AS English Literature - Tragedy paper B Watch

coutrneyf
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
Hi,

I was wondering if any one could help me with intros and conclusions as I am really bad at writing them

Thanks in advance
CatusStarbright
  • Political Ambassador
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by coutrneyf)
Hi,

I was wondering if any one could help me with intros and conclusions as I am really bad at writing them

Thanks in advance
In your introduction, show the examiner that you understand the question and outline your arguments that you will be presenting. For example if the question is about whether a character can be considered a tragic victim, you could say that '[character] is/could be presented as a tragic victim because..... however,.......' (don't go into detail, just outline)

For a conclusion, make a judgement and answer the question. You should try to take a decisive stance, even if you choose to sit on the fence (for example, using the example question above you could agree that they are fully a tragic victim, say they are definitely not a tragic victim, or say that they are somewhere in between and discuss to what extent.)
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• SOAS University of London
    Postgraduate Open Day Postgraduate
    Wed, 29 May '19
  • University of Exeter
    Undergraduate Open Day - Penryn Campus Undergraduate
    Thu, 30 May '19
  • Cranfield University
    Cranfield Forensic MSc Programme Open Day Postgraduate
    Fri, 31 May '19

How did your AQA A-level Business Paper 1 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (222)
22.72%
The paper was reasonable (441)
45.14%
Not feeling great about that exam... (176)
18.01%
It was TERRIBLE (138)
14.12%

Watched Threads