Turn on thread page Beta

If you could solve one problem in the world, what would it be? watch

ReputationRep:
    What is a problem you've solved or a problem you'd like to solve. It can be an intellectual challenge, a research query, an ethical dilemma -*anything that is of personal importance, no matter the scale.

ReputationRep:
    animal cruelty

ReputationRep:
    Make sure everyone has the chance to a good education and lots of travelling. I find people who lack both end up being racist and stupid. Without education people trust whatever the media tells them (or worse what a random shared Facebook pictures tell them) and lack an ability to work stuff out themselves while people who do not travel to different areas of the world lack the ability to understand other cultures and people.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by davgen7)
    animal cruelty
    "without meat you are unhealthy" / "animals have no brains so who cares"

ReputationRep:
    Lack of humor

ReputationRep:
    The monetary system

ReputationRep:
    Make everyone healthy

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kieran1996)
    "without meat you are unhealthy" / "animals have no brains so who cares"
    to be completely honest i dont actually have a real problem wih eating animals or wearing them as i think that would probably be happening in the wild too - as long as the animal has a good life of freedom while it is alive and people respect that the animal has had to die to provide that meal or clothing, and dont take it for granted

unfortunately i am pretty sure that is not the case

the animals get basically treated like **** and have all their freedom taken, they get raped and oppressed in industry, and then theres always the sick ****ers who torture animals for entertainment

so in light of my views, frankly the industrialisation of animals has lead me to decide that its better to steer clear of it altogether even though eating/wearing the animals itself isnt really my problem

idk do you feel

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by davgen7)
    to be completely honest i dont actually have a real problem wih eating animals or wearing them as i think that would probably be happening in the wild too - as long as the animal has a good life of freedom while it is alive and people respect that the animal has had to die to provide that meal or clothing, and dont take it for granted

unfortunately i am pretty sure that is not the case

the animals get basically treated like **** and have all their freedom taken, they get raped and oppressed in industry, and then theres always the sick ****ers who torture animals for entertainment

so in light of my views, frankly the industrialisation of animals has lead me to decide that its better to steer clear of it altogether even though eating/wearing the animals itself isnt really my problem

idk do you feel
    I feel you

Personally I don't eat meat but I was brought up that way so to me it's the norm

I agree in the wild it would have been completely different though; likewise my main issue is how the industry treat animals

When will humans learn money < morals?

donald trump

ReputationRep:
    The 20 or so children that die every minute from preventable causes.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kieran1996)
    I feel you

Personally I don't eat meat but I was brought up that way so to me it's the norm

I agree in the wild it would have been completely different though; likewise my main issue is how the industry treat animals

When will humans learn money < morals?
    tbh i reckon the only people who are actually, genuinely dealing with this problem in an effective manner are the animal liberation front. other (legal) organisations like the rspca do great work, undoubtedly, but if theres a real change id be prepared to bet money that its because the ALF are taking matters into their own hands by reason or by force

its a shame that preventing evil towards animals has most directly been addressed thus far by terrorism

like you say, humans arent going to learn that morals are more important than money so i think terrorist animal activist groups are the only ones with real power to make a change bevause industrialisation of animals is legal, while groups like the ALF give zero ****s about legalities

ReputationRep:
    My lack of ability to drive the golf ball fml

ReputationRep:
    Lactose Intolerance

I just wanna eat this goddamn cheesecake!
    • Section Leader
    • Peer Support Volunteers

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Peer Support Volunteers
    Bumping this now it's in chat ^^

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Betelgeuse-)
    My lack of ability to drive the golf ball fml
    It's all in the hips. Or the shoulders. I forget which. Maybe even the wrists... no wait, that's table tennis. I miss playing table tennis, I was so damn good at it :sad:

I'd solve the problem that is lack of table tennises.

ReputationRep:
    Poverty
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Someone has already said poverty so I'll go with conflict

ReputationRep:
    Free, unlimited clean energy

Everyone has the same opportunities to get far in life.

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.