The Student Room Group

Veterinary Degree - how to make myself eligable

Hey guys this is my first thread so im still a little unsure as to how this works, currently im in my first year of a bachelors degree in natural sciences at the open university but i have always wanted to study veterinary, looking at the current acceptance of qualifications im having to redo my maths at GCSE level, but this is my dilemma, referencing to liverpool university they have a year zero course so hypothetically speaking should i be accepted onto that and pass it would that grant me access to study the full Veterinary degree at liverpool or would i still have to go down the route of aquiring 3 A levels? If anyone has any information or chosen this route themselves i would be very greatful for any advice. Not that this is relevent but im 23 and i would like to get this done sooner rather than later!
Original post by JackB1993
Hey guys this is my first thread so im still a little unsure as to how this works, currently im in my first year of a bachelors degree in natural sciences at the open university but i have always wanted to study veterinary, looking at the current acceptance of qualifications im having to redo my maths at GCSE level, but this is my dilemma, referencing to liverpool university they have a year zero course so hypothetically speaking should i be accepted onto that and pass it would that grant me access to study the full Veterinary degree at liverpool or would i still have to go down the route of aquiring 3 A levels? If anyone has any information or chosen this route themselves i would be very greatful for any advice. Not that this is relevent but im 23 and i would like to get this done sooner rather than later!

Bear in mind if you complete your degree you will NOT be able to get a tuition fee loan for your vet fees (£9000-£27,000/year out of your own pocket depends on the uni). Will you be able to finance a 2nd degree??

If you complete the year 0 course at Liverpool successfully you can study the 5 year vet degree at Liverpool. The entry requirements are on their website. Bear in mind this is also a competitive route to get into vet med and you still need a lot of work experience (Liverpool are VERY keen on this). We do have people in their late 20s-50s at Liverpool so you wouldn't be the oldest by any means!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending