Disabled woman was rude how would you have responded? Watch

Northernlassie
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
I went to the shops and there was no one at the till so I put my stuff down at the end (the conveyor belt was still running).

An older woman on crutches (she was only carrying a sponge pack, nothing heavy) queued up behind me and huffed a few times while glaring at me, but I ignored her and took my time :smug:. I was going to give her a right look, but the shop assistant had come and also it looked bad if I was rude to a disabled person in public.

What do you do when disabled people are rude?
Badges: 16
Report 2 years ago
Spank them.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Synonym
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I would just ignore them i guess
Cremated_Spatula
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I'm not really understanding how she was rude.

Weren't you both waiting for someone to attend to the till?
Northernlassie
Rep:
?
(Original post by Cremated_Spatula)
I'm not really understanding how she was rude.

Weren't you both waiting for someone to attend to the till?
She kept huffing loudly, coughing, and glaring at me while edging closer (might have been in a hurry). I couldn't have put my stuff on the conveyor belt it was running.
HuzaifahN
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Posted from TSR Mobile

HOLD THE DOOR.
fr0sr_
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Ah... the age old question...

Spoiler:
Show
Name:  ayyylmao.jpg
Views: 184
Size:  73.4 KB
Northernlassie
Rep:
?
(Original post by fr0sr_)
Ah... the age old question...
Spoiler:
Show
Name:  ayyylmao.jpg
Views: 184
Size:  73.4 KB
:rofl:
markova21
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I experienced something slightly similar to this about a year ago while in Sainsbury's. I was putting all my shopping on the conveyor belt and the amount was totalling up. I suddenly realised I didn't have enough money to pay for all the shopping. I apologised to the cashier and told her I couldn't afford to pay for it all and I would have to put back about £6.00 worth of food. The woman said that was quite alright. So she asked me to pick out things i didn't want that could be deducted from the price. There was a man standing behind me in the cue. No-one else. Well he huffed and he puffed and he groaned and looked at his watch. I looked around Sainsbury's. There were plenty of other tills open, not to mention the self service area. I was actually becoming a little bit upset,as it was humiliating and embarrassing that I didn't have enough money to pay for my groceries. I started crying a little bit. The shop worker was lovely. Told me not to be upset and that they see this kind of thing all the time. Meanwhile the man behind me,I could just sense,was becoming more and more impatient with me,while I was giving items back to the woman for her to deduct. I suddenly turned towards the man and said to him, "I'm sorry if my poverty is interfering with your perfect life". He moved to another till. Gobshite.
mcfatty
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Northernlassie)
I went to the shops and there was no one at the till so I put my stuff down at the end (the conveyor belt was still running).

An older woman on crutches (she was only carrying a sponge pack, nothing heavy) queued up behind me and huffed a few times while glaring at me, but I ignored her and took my time :smug:. I was going to give her a right look, but the shop assistant had come and also it looked bad if I was rude to a disabled person in public.

What do you do when disabled people are rude?
Ignore them, they are people just like you, they just have other things to help them with daily life.
Who cares about that? everyone queues whoever you are.
Why should they get special treatment for queuing? they're the same as everyone else in that situation, they're being rude and they know it.
Little Popcorns
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Would have said "I'm going to let you go before me because you only have one thing to put through but there's no need to be so rude and huff at me like that"
Northernlassie
Rep:
?
(Original post by markova21)
I experienced something slightly similar to this about a year ago while in Sainsbury's. I was putting all my shopping on the conveyor belt and the amount was totalling up. I suddenly realised I din't have enough money to pay for all the shopping. I apologised to the cashier and told her I couldn't afford to pay for it all and I would have to put back about £6.00 worth of food. The woman said that was quite alright. So she asked me to pick out things i didn't want that could be deducted from the price. There was a man standing behind me in the cue. No-one else. Well he huffed and he puffed and he groaned and looked at his watch. I looked around Sainsbury's. There were plenty of other tills open, not to mention the self service area. I was actually becoming a little bit upset,as it was humiliating and embarrassing that I didn't have enough money to pay for my groceries. I started crying a little bit. The shop worker was lovely. Told me not to be upset and that they see this kind of thing all the time. Meanwhile the man behind me,I could just sense,was becoming more and more impatient with me,while I was giving items back to the woman for her to deduct. I suddenly turned towards the man and said to him, "I'm sorry if my poverty is interfering with your perfect life". He moved to another till. Gobshite.
What a **** :mad:

People don't have enough money on em all the time lol.. my dad is always forgetting his card :lol: He sounds like he had issues.
Listers
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Do you guys pour the milk first before the cereal or the other way round
Northernlassie
Rep:
?
(Original post by mcfatty)
Ignore them, they are people just like you, they just have other things to help them with daily life.
Who cares about that? everyone queues whoever you are.
Why should they get special treatment for queuing? they're the same as everyone else in that situation, they're being rude and they know it.
Exactly. I did pretty much ignore it, though I looked up when my credit card was processing and she was still glaring. :rolleyes: Wish I'd said something but didn't want to seem like a **** because everyone takes the side of the disabled person in these situations.

(Original post by Little Popcorns)
Would have said "I'm going to let you go before me because you only have one thing to put through but there's no need to be so rude and huff at me like that"
Yeah I would have let her go ahead if she hadn't been rude so jokes on her :lol: I wasn't gonna be nice to her after that.
markova21
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
What a **** :mad:

People don't have enough money on em all the time lol.. my dad is always forgetting his card :lol: He sounds like he had issues.
Could have been. The mad thing is I deliberately took all the money I had out of the bank and left about £50 at home,specifically so I wouldn't spend too much in Sainsbury's. But then going round the aisles, I completely forgot I didn't have all my money with me and knew that there was zero in the bank.
Northernlassie
Rep:
?
(Original post by markova21)
Could have been. The mad thing is I deliberately took all the money I had out of the bank and left about £50 at home,specifically so I wouldn't spend too much in Sainsbury's. But then going round the aisles, I completely forgot I didn't have all my money with me and knew that there was zero in the bank.
For all they know you could just have forgotten your card? Don't sweat it And yea that guy defo sounds like an idiot esp. if self service was open :rolleyes: I always go self service when I'm in a hurry.
markova21
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Little Popcorns)
She was already part way through all the scanning of my things or else if I had seen someone with just one or a few items I nearly always say, "Go on ahead of me".
Kieran1996
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I don't discriminate between disabled people and others.

Hence if one is rude to me I am rude back.

mcfatty
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Exactly. I did pretty much ignore it, though I looked up when my credit card was processing and she was still glaring. :rolleyes: Wish I'd said something but didn't want to seem like a **** because everyone takes the side of the disabled person in these situations.

Yeah I would have let her go ahead if she hadn't been rude so jokes on her :lol: I wasn't gonna be nice to her after that.
Call them idiots, why does the disabled person have the right to give **** to someone else?
the answer is they don't an anyone who backs the disabled person is probably disabled in the mind and doesn't think things through
Northernlassie
Rep:
?
(Original post by Kieran1996)
I don't discriminate between disabled people and others.

Hence if one is rude to me I am rude back.

lol nice one

(Original post by mcfatty)
Call them idiots, why does the disabled person have the right to give **** to someone else?
the answer is they don't an anyone who backs the disabled person is probably disabled in the mind and doesn't think things through
Good point lol I go to that shop all the time so I'll probably see her again, if she tries any more **** I'm having a word tho :lol:
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How did your AQA A-level Psychology Paper 1 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (206)
22.2%
The paper was reasonable (394)
42.46%
Not feeling great about that exam... (178)
19.18%
It was TERRIBLE (150)
16.16%

Watched Threads