English Lit Unseen Poetry Watch

louisaah
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
I'm dying inside. I know how to find out what the techniques are in the poems, but I always get the meaning of the poem slightly or completely wrong. What should I even do???
keepyourapology
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
There is no right or wrong interpretation. If you can back up your interpretation with enough justification, the examiner will see it your way. +it's good for you if it is quite unique, as it will make your essay stand out from the crowd.

If you're REALLY worried, maybe you could check out some past papers' unseen poems and try and see what you make of it. Compare it the mark scheme afterward.

Good luck. x
louisaah
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
(Original post by keepyourapology)
There is no right or wrong interpretation. If you can back up your interpretation with enough justification, the examiner will see it your way. +it's good for you if it is quite unique, as it will make your essay stand out from the crowd.

If you're REALLY worried, maybe you could check out some past papers' unseen poems and try and see what you make of it. Compare it the mark scheme afterward.

Good luck. x
Wow this made me feel so much better, thank you!! I'm gonna try some more unseen
georginarowley
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
The great thing about English is it is completely up to interpretation. If you are worried about not getting the meaning of a poem, it's fine. As long as you back up your ideas with evidence and explanation, you'll get marks. If your take on the poem is totally different it's actually a positive thing, the examiner will be interested and you'll get good marks because you're not writing the same stuff as everyone else.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• SOAS University of London
    Postgraduate Open Day Postgraduate
    Wed, 29 May '19
  • University of Exeter
    Undergraduate Open Day - Penryn Campus Undergraduate
    Thu, 30 May '19
  • Cranfield University
    Cranfield Forensic MSc Programme Open Day Postgraduate
    Fri, 31 May '19

How did your AQA A-level Business Paper 1 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (221)
22.97%
The paper was reasonable (430)
44.7%
Not feeling great about that exam... (174)
18.09%
It was TERRIBLE (137)
14.24%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise