How to revise?! Watch

govtandpolitics
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
I'm sat with all my books around me but I don't know how to revise successfully! If I just write out notes it doesn't work and I finish revising having have remembered nothing! I'm panicking because I haven't found a good way to revise and remember and I need to!
Any advice! :/
CatusStarbright
  • Political Ambassador
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by govtandpolitics)
I'm sat with all my books around me but I don't know how to revise successfully! If I just write out notes it doesn't work and I finish revising having have remembered nothing! I'm panicking because I haven't found a good way to revise and remember and I need to!Any advice! :/
Try doing different methods, such as flashcards, mindmaps, posters, character profiles (best for English), practice papers (invaluable, definitely do this), make quizzes, get someone to test you, etc. Just see what works best for you.
alilora
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
It completely depends on what type of learner you are. There are people (like me) who need something visual, so mindmaps and posters are a good way to go. Others study best by listening to recordings, so you could record yourself talking about the things you need to revise. This way you'll listen to your own summary of the book you'll need to study. Others find another really creative way to combine music with the things they need to study. Just try out the different options, you'll find your way.
Devinely
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I agree with what both CatusStarbright and aliliora said.

Revising with someone else can also be quite helpful, as it gives you a chance to bounce ideas off someone and gives you a chance to apply your knowledge to an actual real life situation.

Good luck with revising!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Arts University Bournemouth
    Art and Design Foundation Diploma Further education
    Sat, 25 May '19
  • SOAS University of London
    Postgraduate Open Day Postgraduate
    Wed, 29 May '19
  • University of Exeter
    Undergraduate Open Day - Penryn Campus Undergraduate
    Thu, 30 May '19

How did your AQA GCSE Physics Paper 1 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (487)
31.16%
The paper was reasonable (603)
38.58%
Not feeling great about that exam... (256)
16.38%
It was TERRIBLE (217)
13.88%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed