Payroll wont accept 'right to work' documents. Watch

lolakirk
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
So Im supposed to be starting a job, my manager sent my right to work documents to the payroll department however they are saying they cannot accept my ID.

I am an EU national and have an EU identity card + a national insurance number, and this is acceptable proof of right to work in the UK. I got into the country at Stansted with my national ID card and have been employed in the UK with the same card. I do NOT need a passport to work. I am currently employed in the UK as well... but at this new job I cannot start because payroll are being imbeciles.

What should i do? should I call HMRC or the immigration office or whatever else? can i get them to confirm to my new job that i do have the right to work?

I just dont understand how they can be so ****ing stupid. They have ONE job and they are failing at it.
threeportdrift
  • Careers Forum Helper
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by lolakirk)
So Im supposed to be starting a job, my manager sent my right to work documents to the payroll department however they are saying they cannot accept my ID.

Show them the documents that show that your identity documents should be accepted. Copy in your new Line Manager.

If you are correct, then there is no resolution but to change the minds of the payroll department
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How did your AQA A-level Psychology Paper 1 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (201)
22.02%
The paper was reasonable (389)
42.61%
Not feeling great about that exam... (175)
19.17%
It was TERRIBLE (148)
16.21%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise