Arsey's solutions Watch

Arsey
Badges: 10
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
Edexcel have made it very clear that they do not wish for their papers, or solutions to their papers to be made available online.

The reason they give is that they would like schools to have the opportunity to use these papers for mocks etc. There is also a copyright issue.

My personal belief is that in the modern age that trying to prevent papers and solutions appearing online is futile. Now that they are no longer producing January papers, I would have thought that they could produce separate mock papers for schools to use. Nevertheless, I have to respect their wishes, so I will no longer upload solutions to this or any other website.

I would like to add that I have spent a lot of time and energy uploading solutions and responding to questions over the years, this was never done with self-aggrandisement in mind; I was just trying to help. I also found some of the discussions regarding the papers interesting and useful.

Furthermore, I was previously told by some people who run or ran this website that they had contacted Edexcel, who had no problem with past papers and solutions being uploaded to this website. Clearly that is not or no longer the case. So I would ask that others do not post papers or solutions to papers.

Finally, I would like to wish Edexcel good luck in preventing papers and solutions appearing, I just hope they have a very long whack-a-mole stick.

Good luck with your exams.

It has been a blast.

:wavey:
TeeEm
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Arsey)
Edexcel have made it very clear that they do not wish for their papers, or solutions to their papers to be made available online.

The reason they give is that they would like schools to have the opportunity to use these papers for mocks etc. There is also a copyright issue.

My personal belief is that in the modern age that trying to prevent papers and solutions appearing online is futile. Now that they are no longer producing January papers, I would have thought that they could produce separate mock papers for schools to use. Nevertheless, I have to respect their wishes, so I will no longer upload solutions to this or any other website.

I would like to add that I have spent a lot of time and energy uploading solutions and responding to questions over the years, this was never done with self-aggrandisement in mind; I was just trying to help. I also found some of the discussions regarding the papers interesting and useful.

Furthermore, I was previously told by some people who run or ran this website that they had contacted Edexcel, who had no problem with past papers and solutions being uploaded to this website. Clearly that is not or no longer the case. So I would ask that others do not post papers or solutions to papers.

Finally, I would like to wish Edexcel good luck in preventing papers and solutions appearing, I just hope they have a very long whack-a-mole stick.

It has been a blast.

Real shame
Good luck mate
jshep000
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by TeeEm)
Real shame
Good luck mate
Quick log of accounts there
Pablo Picasso
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
What a joker
Kevin De Bruyne
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
:moon: it was nice while it lasted.

PawanAviator
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Damn mate.
username1969391
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
rip
Jfm9898
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Arsey)

It has been a blast.

This can't be😱
TajwarC
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Ngl I feel like crying
elishx__h
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
shahs341
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Why.yyyyyyyyyyy
Beat
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Thank you so much for everything, you're truly a credit to this website
jonnypdot
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
is this some joke???
shahs341
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
give me the mark scheme in private
AstarAstarA
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Make a different account and upload the methods on blank paper
d14m
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
we need a new arsey

Posted from TSR Mobile
veldt127
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Write the answers in invisible ink
Ninjakam119
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by shahs341)
Why.yyyyyyyyyyy
Y=Cos(edexcelare******s)
Humiliation
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
thoughts on what the grade boundaries might be? I missed the last 3 parts of last question, so thats at least 10 marks lost. Think i got the rest of paper all correct though? Would 60-65/75 be an A?
CourtlyCanter
  • Political Ambassador
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Thank you very much for your time and effort Arsey. We appreciate it and it's unfortunate that it has to end this way.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Brunel University London
    Postgraduate Open Evening Postgraduate
    Wed, 22 May '19
  • University of Roehampton
    Postgraduate Open Evening Postgraduate
    Wed, 22 May '19
  • Sheffield Hallam University
    Postgraduate Open Day Postgraduate
    Wed, 22 May '19

How did your Edexcel GCSE Maths Paper 1 go?

Loved the paper - feeling positive (135)
24.91%
The paper was reasonable (240)
44.28%
Not feeling great about that exam (104)
19.19%
It was TERRIBLE (63)
11.62%

Watched Threads