i love your arsey
i meant to say i love your markschemes arsey
Original post by simba98
i love your arsey

Original post by simba98
i meant to say i love your markschemes arsey

:toofunny: :toofunny: :toofunny:
(edited 7 years ago)
Thank you for all your effort. Best wishes for the future.
Arsey, please at least respond.
Why not open a conversation with EdExcel publicly and at least we can contest their wishes.

There are other people doing the exact same as you and you're getting the blame? Thousands of students have helped you, so don't neglect those that need you the most and learn from your work!

Come online just the once!
Reply 266
Original post by simba98
i love your arse

slightly inappropriate but I get the idea
I have sent an email to EdExcel today regarding an agreement to upload the Arsey Solutions until June 30, where they will be removed entirely until the next exam season.

@Mr M I can send you a copy of the email as I said I would send, and I hope that EdExcel respond with good news.

I also suggested for them to endorse the IAL papers, and that Arsey will not post solutions to them to the benefit of teachers.

I would ask for other people to do the same.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by nwmyname
I have sent an email to EdExcel today regarding an agreement to upload the Arsey Solutions until June 30, where they will be removed entirely until the next exam season.

@Mr M I can send you a copy of the email as I said I would send, and I hope that EdExcel respond with good news.

I also suggested for them to endorse the IAL papers, and that Arsey will not post solutions to them to the benefit of teachers.

I would ask for other people to do the same.

Bloody hell dude... you're seriously obsessed.
Original post by Zacken
Bloody hell dude... you're seriously obsessed.

I am a past-teacher whose students have been usefully provided with his solutions.
It isn't an obsession, but a need for my students to succeed in their A - levels.
I am a past-teacher whose students have been usefully provided with his solutions.
It isn't an obsession, but a need for my students to succeed in their A - levels.

Surely your students should focus on understanding mathematics over solutions...?
Original post by Zacken
Surely your students should focus on understanding mathematics over solutions...?

The solutions help them to understand the questions.
Only arsey's solutions have helped them gain the grades they wanted.

They understand the maths, but applying it in a question is another matter under exam conditions.

They understand the maths, but applying it in a question is another matter under exam conditions.

Do they really make that much of a difference to a student's grades? All they're seeing is 1 extra paper, okay, chances are it'll be one of the most difficult ones but :dontknow:

While I agree that it would be beneficial for people to be able to access these papers, I think you are significantly overestimating how 'necessary' it is. I do not think it is necessary for anyone to succeed in their exam by any means.
(edited 7 years ago)

Are you a tutor? Sounds like you are using Arsey's work instead of doing it yourself if your students really do find it so useful.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by jneill
Are you a tutor? Sounds like you are using Arsey's work instead of doing it yourself if your students really do find it so useful

Posted from TSR Mobile

I teach kids who know me through other relations free of charge for my spare time as volunteering work.

They are students that struggle in maths and I help them learn the key concepts.
The grades that I help them achieve are mostly Bs and Cs but I don't get paid for my work.
It's only for my CV under community work.
Original post by Arsey
Edexcel have made it very clear that they do not wish for their papers, or solutions to their papers to be made available online.

The reason they give is that they would like schools to have the opportunity to use these papers for mocks etc. There is also a copyright issue.

My personal belief is that in the modern age that trying to prevent papers and solutions appearing online is futile. Now that they are no longer producing January papers, I would have thought that they could produce separate mock papers for schools to use. Nevertheless, I have to respect their wishes, so I will no longer upload solutions to this or any other website.

I would like to add that I have spent a lot of time and energy uploading solutions and responding to questions over the years, this was never done with self-aggrandisement in mind; I was just trying to help. I also found some of the discussions regarding the papers interesting and useful.

Furthermore, I was previously told by some people who run or ran this website that they had contacted Edexcel, who had no problem with past papers and solutions being uploaded to this website. Clearly that is not or no longer the case. So I would ask that others do not post papers or solutions to papers.

Finally, I would like to wish Edexcel good luck in preventing papers and solutions appearing, I just hope they have a very long whack-a-mole stick.

Good luck with your exams.

It has been a blast.

:wavey:

Nooooooooooo:frown:
You gave us all hope mate :wink:
I teach kids who know me through other relations free of charge for my spare time as volunteering work.

They are students that struggle in maths and I help them learn the key concepts.
The grades that I help them achieve are mostly Bs and Cs but I don't get paid for my work.
It's only for my CV under community work.

Ok, well good work dude :smile:

But i doubt arsey wants the hassle anymore.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by jneill
Ok, well good work dude :smile:

But i doubt arsey wants the hassle anymore.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Haha, don't worry. I did find kprime. I thought arsey only did solutions.
What a silly fool.

Anyways, I have found a new source of life.
I really do not understand the whole point of this. As someone said earlier, technology will ruin whatever money-making scheme Edexcel is planning as then you'll just end up having a putlocker for solutions lol.

Teachers could just the June 13/14 R papers the IAL papers and papers from before the current spec for mock exams. The argument that it makes setting mock exams by teachers more difficult is a futile one.
Reply 279
Why are people still bothering with this. Arsey has made his mind up.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending