Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi,
    I received an offer of admission for masters in education, gender and international development. As much as i like how i'll get a degree from ucl and getting to do a course from a top ranked institution in the world, i have my apprehensions. Because, i come from a management background, i'm afraid if i have made the right choice. Are there any students out there who have also chabged their stream like me and going to start their studies in 2016? Second, how is it studying at IOE. Because as i see it, i wont be studying at UCL really, i would be at IOE. How is IOE with regards to student mix and campus facilities, i'm actually a little daunted by the fact that i'd be surrounded by more teachers rather than people like me. It makes me feel like an outsider. Is it really so? Third, my question is to those who have done this degree or in a related field, how well has it translated into your career options and ambitions. I would really appreciate good advice. Thanks.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    I was next to IOE as a psych undergrad. Lovely area.

And with the merger with UCL I think it will feel like having a degree from both.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Noodlzzz)
    I was next to IOE as a psych undergrad. Lovely area.

And with the merger with UCL I think it will feel like having a degree from both.
    Hey thanks for replying? How lovely is it? I mean can you eloborate?

ReputationRep:
    How long did it take you to hear back?? One week? six weeks? from admissions

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by elahejamal)
    How long did it take you to hear back?? One week? six weeks? from admissions
    6 weeks. Its a long waiting game.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.