Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hey everyone,

I'm new here and just this morning sat my RAF AST exam (my first ever one)

Unfortunately, the AFCO say I haven't passed. I knew I wasn't going to do very well on the Maths section ( and I only scored a 2 on it). It's just an area I always struggle with unfortunately.

My breakdown is as follows...

Group Scores

A: 33
    B: 32
    C: 33
    D: 40

Specific Skills
    (VR) 4
    (NR) 2
    (WR) 3
    (EC) 4
    (MC) 5
    (SR) 3

What I wanted to know was what does this group score mean and how is it calculated? They said today that my understanding of electronics, and mechanics is very good. I think I was more nervous than anything with the insanely low time limits so I rushed quite a bit. It's now been seven years since my proper GCSEs. I know I did exams at University, but these were pretty easy and were just miniature essays within a set time limit of usually an hour or so, and if you read the reading and or resource material and remembered it (you pretty much got either a 2:1 or first lol).

I also meet the criteria on quite a few things, but then the group scores mess it up.

Regards

James

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: May 25, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
    Useful resources

Articles:

Guide to the armed forcesGuide to the Royal Air ForceA job in the Army

Featured recruiter profiles:

Army logo

The Army is recruiting now

"With hundreds of roles available, there’s more than one way to be the best."

Quick Link:

Unanswered Armed Forces Threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.