This discussion is closed.
kikzen
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 15 years ago
dont they just piss you off?

i went to open two new accounts (dont ask) and both hsbc and halifax told me i would need to return. :rolleyes:
why do they want to know where you go to school? very bizarre!
Hayley_2k4
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
damn, yeah they do
Hayley_2k4
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by kikzen)
I think it's, in case you lose your pin or something. they ask you stupid questions to prove who you are.
TheWolf
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by kikzen)
dont they just piss you off?

i went to open two new accounts (dont ask) and both hsbc and halifax told me i would need to return. :rolleyes:
its amazing how slow they are as well...i opened an account in NY a few months back, and it only took a few minutes..
Trigger
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by TheWolf)
its amazing how slow they are as well...i opened an account in NY a few months back, and it only took a few minutes..
iv got 2 accounts and they need about 13 different peices of identity!!!!! am i really that sleazy looking? :rolleyes:
Homegrownkitten
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
I couple of years ago I put £100 in my account but it didnt turn up in my account. When I complained they started to investigate ME for FRAUD!! :eek: :eek: It turns out some dizzy cashier dporred the paying in slip on the floor or something. All I got was a measly appology.
Last year my student account expired as I had apparently graduated in 2000 (I had only completed my second year). They froze my account and started charging intrest on my overdraft. It took them over 3 months to sort it out. My car insurance direct debit failed to go through for 3 months in a row. I got them to write to my insurance company and tell them it was all their fault. They gave me all of my money back but no compensation. I wish I had pushed for it, but at the time I was just so glad to get it sorted out. It turned me into a nervous wreck. Bloody banks :mad:
Shushi
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by TheWolf)
Wolf u are here!!!
i misssssssssss yaaaaaaaaa
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

If you're planning on going to uni this year, would any of these financial reasons stop you?

Not being able to work now to save up for uni (92)
13.79%
Reduced household income due to coronavirus means I can't afford to go (56)
8.4%
Lack of part-time jobs to support me while I'm at uni (86)
12.89%
Lack of graduate job prospects when I finish uni (80)
11.99%
Other reasons are stopping me going (86)
12.89%
Nothing is stopping me going (267)
40.03%

Watched Threads