The Student Room Group

P1 physics edexcel did you guys find it awful?!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 120
I think I did alright, but it was the toughest physics exam out of the last few.
Original post by miyazz
what did you write for it??? was it the p1 v1 = p2 v2 formula...?? I really had no idea

Yep thats the formula but i messed it up
Reply 123
I checked after and it was ultraviolet..
Original post by TJ2001
I wrote infrared, but I know a lot of people wrote uv. My logic was that the spectrum went from shortest to longest wavelength so it would have been infrared. What did you right?
This was the worst exam I have ever done and I know it has definitely dragged my overall grade down
I think that i got a A in biology and a C on chemistry and a D in physics. In my course work i got high 40s which i think is like a B. Do you know roughly what grade i will get if my predictions are correct. (I am studying EDEXCEL)
Edexcel can go get hit by a bus

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by abdulmalikabdi
what was the last six marker mainly about. i wrote about them reflecting/refracting etc.

Yep, that's the gist of it.

I went into two points and alluded to a third:

1. The detection of P-waves and S-waves at different times at seismometers across the globe demonstrates that the Earth's mantle must have different densities because the waves refract to varying extents.

2. The fact that S-waves have a larger shadow zone than P-waves suggests that the Earth has an inner core which is liquid (because S-waves are absorbed by liquids).

3. P-waves are longitudinal and faster than S-waves, so the calculation of S-P times based on their arrival as recorded by seismographs from seismometers enables seismologists to locate the epicentre of an earthquake using triangulation, so we know there are 'fault lines' in the Earth's crust and this has led to the present-day theory about tectonic plates and convection currents.

I got points 2 and 3, but not point 1 :frown:
What was that question on radiation???
Original post by astronomer99
what did everyone get for the star and the ions spreading out or something?

Completely guessed, but I put about gravitational potential energy pulling the ions towards the centre, so they yhad to act upon the force... along those lines anyway...
Did anyone get 188 turns on the secondary coil for the calculation one?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Yh I think I got that

Posted from TSR Mobile
What was the answer to the cork question?
Anyone got an unofficial mark scheme?

Posted from TSR Mobile
if we're talking about the IGCSE one....awful awful awful
Original post by Txhmid
what were the 6 markers?

If you remember, the first one concerned refraction and how wavelength/frequency/etc. changed at an interface; I think the wave was a water wave travelling from deep to shallow water, but I may be the wrong.

Meawhile, the second one - oh, that dreadful second one! - concerned how earthquakes and seismic activity have enabled scientists to theorise the structure of the Earth.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending