Turn on thread page Beta

Physics P1 GCSE Edexcel watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    how did everyone find this exam? i personally found it so so so hard!!! could someone possibly say an unofficial mark scheme?? pretty sure i've only got like 25 marks 😭😭

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by zxmm)
    how did everyone find this exam? i personally found it so so so hard!!! could someone possibly say an unofficial mark scheme?? pretty sure i've only got like 25 marks 😭😭
    Hard

ReputationRep:
    I did higher tier and the only question I think I messed up on was the Half-Life fractions because I was rushing the paper. The rest was fairly easy, I can remember some of my answers but not the calculations.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by zxmm)
    I did bad and I probably got higher than most of the people around me who took the exam. So, let's hope everyone did badly so the grade boundaries can be adjusted. They need a certain percentage of people to get a certain grade.

ReputationRep:
    My whole year found it really hard. Barely anything from the revision guide came up im sure there'll be lower grade boundaries

ReputationRep:
    It wasn't too hard , it was just badly worded :
    First question was the disadvantage and advantage of a petrol powered engine compared to a turbine
    Advantage : Petrol can be used all year round
    Disadvantage : Petrol is a pollutant or non-renewable

Question two : was what was the electricity supplied to the engine : energy transferred to surroundings + Energy transferred to dynamo = 8000

Question 3 onwards I don't remember but it was easier maybe 49 for an A*.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by OKPeaceHD)
    It wasn't too hard , it was just badly worded :
    First question was the disadvantage and advantage of a petrol powered engine compared to a turbine
    Advantage : Petrol can be used all year round
    Disadvantage : Petrol is a pollutant or non-renewable

Question two : was what was the electricity supplied to the engine : energy transferred to surroundings + Energy transferred to dynamo = 8000

Question 3 onwards I don't remember but it was easier maybe 49 for an A*.
    Last year it was 48 so for an A* it should be highest 40 for an A*

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: May 26, 2016

University open days

• Manchester Metropolitan University
    Postgraduate Open Day Postgraduate
    Wed, 14 Nov '18
  • University of Chester
    Chester campuses Undergraduate
    Wed, 14 Nov '18
  • Anglia Ruskin University
    Ambitious, driven, developing your career & employability? Aspiring in your field, up-skilling after a career break? Then our Postgrad Open Evening is for you. Postgraduate
    Wed, 14 Nov '18
Poll
Should Banksy be put in prison?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.