Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    how did everyone find this exam? i personally found it so so so hard!!! could someone possibly say an unofficial mark scheme?? pretty sure i've only got like 25 marks 😭😭

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by zxmm)
    how did everyone find this exam? i personally found it so so so hard!!! could someone possibly say an unofficial mark scheme?? pretty sure i've only got like 25 marks 😭😭
    Hard

ReputationRep:
    I did higher tier and the only question I think I messed up on was the Half-Life fractions because I was rushing the paper. The rest was fairly easy, I can remember some of my answers but not the calculations.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by zxmm)
    I did bad and I probably got higher than most of the people around me who took the exam. So, let's hope everyone did badly so the grade boundaries can be adjusted. They need a certain percentage of people to get a certain grade.

ReputationRep:
    My whole year found it really hard. Barely anything from the revision guide came up im sure there'll be lower grade boundaries

ReputationRep:
    It wasn't too hard , it was just badly worded :
    First question was the disadvantage and advantage of a petrol powered engine compared to a turbine
    Advantage : Petrol can be used all year round
    Disadvantage : Petrol is a pollutant or non-renewable

Question two : was what was the electricity supplied to the engine : energy transferred to surroundings + Energy transferred to dynamo = 8000

Question 3 onwards I don't remember but it was easier maybe 49 for an A*.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by OKPeaceHD)
    It wasn't too hard , it was just badly worded :
    First question was the disadvantage and advantage of a petrol powered engine compared to a turbine
    Advantage : Petrol can be used all year round
    Disadvantage : Petrol is a pollutant or non-renewable

Question two : was what was the electricity supplied to the engine : energy transferred to surroundings + Energy transferred to dynamo = 8000

Question 3 onwards I don't remember but it was easier maybe 49 for an A*.
    Last year it was 48 so for an A* it should be highest 40 for an A*

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.