Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    On todays physics paper I misspelt echoes as echos, and as it was a part of a one word answer I'm worried that because it's not intertwined and hidden among other words the examiner will mark me down for missing out the 'e'.

It wasn't part of the 6 marker QWC question, but is there a possibility I could lose a mark for it regardless?

Thanks

ReputationRep:
    If you go down a grade boundary by one mark then ask for it to be re-examined?

Otherwise... Who cares?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ChaoticButterfly)
    If you go down a grade bound by one mark then ask for it to be re-examined?

Otherwise... Who cares?

Possibly the best advice ive heard all year. Always worry about silly things like spelling but that really cleared it up!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xEmilyxx)
    On todays physics paper I misspelt echoes as echos, and as it was a part of a one word answer I'm worried that because it's not intertwined and hidden among other words the examiner will mark me down for missing out the 'e'.

It wasn't part of the 6 marker QWC question, but is there a possibility I could lose a mark for it regardless?

Thanks
    The examiner will know what you're saying. The only spelling that is marked is in the 6 markers. I was unsure whether the plural of echo had an e in it or not, I put an e in there anyway, but it didn't look right

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DalviniumII)
    Possibly the best advice ive heard all year. Always worry about silly things like spelling but that really cleared it up!

Puddles the Monkey do I get some kind of award for this?
    • TSR Community Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Community Team
    (Original post by ChaoticButterfly)
    Puddles the Monkey do I get some kind of award for this?
    Your award is that warm fuzzy feeling in your heart you get from knowing you helped someone out

ReputationRep:
    From the mark scheme:
    "The phonetic spelling of correct scientific terminology should be credited unless there is a possible confusion with another technical term."
    You should be fine.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Puddles the Monkey)
    Your award is that warm fuzzy feeling in your heart you get from knowing you helped someone out
    Spoiler:
    Show
    You did give me a rep though

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.