exam certificates and name problems Watch

Badges: 0
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
so on my gcse exam certificates, my name is written as my middle name as my first name and my first name as the middle. before I took my gcse's, I spoke to the exams office who told me it would be fine as the names are the same to the ones on my passport, just in a different order. however, do universities request to see your exam certificates on enrolment? if this happens what do I do, I've had someone told me I just need a teacher at my school to clarify in my reference that whilst the name is different from my actual name, we are the same person but this is worrying me now
Badges: 13
Report 3 years ago
You probably won't have to show your exam certificates (I don't know of anyone who did A Levels that this happened to). It seems like a simple mistake, especially if you're first or middles names are a bit unusual, and they'll understand it. It may make you feel better if you get a letter from your school explaining the situation now incase you need it and bring a scan of your birth certificate/passport to university with you incase you need to show it.

If you are really worried then I'd email the university and just explain the error so they're aware of it If it would cause a problem then at least you told them rather than them finding out and thinking you lying to them about something!
  • Answer Heroes
Badges: 19
Report 3 years ago
They wont ask to see if you are meeting an offer through UCAS. They get the results at the same time. It wont cause you a problem in future either so id be reluctatnt to pay for new copies.

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
new posts
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.


University open days

  • SOAS University of London
    Postgraduate Open Day Postgraduate
    Wed, 29 May '19
  • University of Exeter
    Undergraduate Open Day - Penryn Campus Undergraduate
    Thu, 30 May '19
  • Cranfield University
    Cranfield Forensic MSc Programme Open Day Postgraduate
    Fri, 31 May '19

How did your AQA A-level Business Paper 1 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (191)
The paper was reasonable (390)
Not feeling great about that exam... (157)
It was TERRIBLE (108)

Watched Threads

View All